Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I stumbled across this forum while researching the purchase of my 2016 Versys 650 ABS Lams edition here in Australia. For those not in the know the LAMS edition is a standard 650 with ABS that has had a throttle restrictor and also a wiring modification done to restrict its output to comply with local licensing regulations.

That said, the bike still gets up and goes, but then I am comparing it to a poor little Hyosung 250 that I rode for a year.

Loving this bike though, all except that awful screen that seems to make it simultaneously more comfortable on the body but almost unbearable around the helmet with wind noise. Being 6 foot 4 maybe doesn't help here either, but I wont be getting any shorter.

Anyway, hope to learn heaps and contribute where I can.

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome mate!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, tried it up, down, all through the middle and even off the bike entirely.

Off the bike the airflow around the helmet is way smoother and quieter, but the trade off is the comfort factor of wind buffet on the body

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome aboard.
Can't suggest anything for the 'screen, mine's a Gen 2.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome! Good Luck finding a balance between helmet buffet and body wind blast. At your height I would go with a taller aftermarket screen. I'm 5'-9" and at the highest setting I get bad buffeting and noise just at the top of my helmet, crouch down 1" and silence. I prefer to run with it all the way down, less noise and buffeting.

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Welcome / Shield

:welcome: The shield can be raised 1 1/4 " above high, that is there are four fixed screws fastening the shield to a steel backing, by loosening the adjustment knob, to the point of almost removing the shield,you can slide the shield so the upper fixed fastening screw will be above the slotted support frame. I tried this, since I am under 6' I found no benefit and I wasn't able to see the road as well, although it shifted the buffeting further back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts