Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, been riding for a number of years mainly off-road and had Harley’s but I got tired of being restricted to asphalt so I sold up and bought this

It’s a 2015 650 with 17000 on the clock, now I just need to set it up for some long rides

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,786 Posts
:welcome:aboard Matt Ross and enjoy your ride - Be safe.

Please make your second post here in this thread- Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Gratz on the Versys!!! You got a steal - I was looking at that one on Facebook Marketplace - thinking I could sell my 2013 Gen II and get that.

Guess that is off the cards now.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey mate, and welcome! I believe there are a few Versys owners down here, and I'm one of them. I'm originally from the US, but I live in the Sydney suburbs, now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome. Where in this great south land are you? We have some great roads for our Versys. (Versyi if that is the plural.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey mate, and welcome! I believe there are a few Versys owners down here, and I'm one of them. I'm originally from the US, but I live in the Sydney suburbs, now.

Not your fault your in Sydney mate one day you’ll realise Melbourne is waaaay better

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not your fault your in Sydney mate one day you’ll realise Melbourne is waaaay better
Mate, I wanted to live in Melbourne from the get go, but my girl needed to be here. And we're currently planning our escape - we'll be on the Gold Coast by the end of the year.

I'd still rather be in Melbourne - I love the culture and food, there, but the Gold Coast is nice enough, and it's only 3-4 hours from where her parents live. Happy wife == happy life. ;-)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mate, I wanted to live in Melbourne from the get go, but my girl needed to be here. And we're currently planning our escape - we'll be on the Gold Coast by the end of the year.

I'd still rather be in Melbourne - I love the culture and food, there, but the Gold Coast is nice enough, and it's only 3-4 hours from where her parents live. Happy wife == happy life. ;-)

Gc itself is a bit meh, but it’s pretty good in the hinterlands up behind it

·
Registered
105 Posts
Gc itself is a bit meh, but it’s pretty good in the hinterlands up behind it.

Yeah, I know what I'm getting into - we've spent a fair amount of time up there, over the last couple of years. At this point, it's just about finding the right place to live, and we're planning on renting at first anyways.

TBH, my biggest concern is the summer heat.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did some growing up based in Caulfield. Student at Monash when I got my first "bike". A little Honda 50 step through (like the postie bikes). Cost 20 cents per week for the commute. Mind you that was last century - 1967/68. Still licenced all these years, since 29th February 1968!!

But Port Macquarie has better weather and great roads. The gateway to the Oxley Highway, starts about 3 km from home.m

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did some growing up based in Caulfield. Student at Monash when I got my first "bike". A little Honda 50 step through (like the postie bikes). Cost 20 cents per week for the commute. Mind you that was last century - 1967/68. Still licenced all these years, since 29th February 1968!!

But Port Macquarie has better weather and great roads. The gateway to the Oxley Highway, starts about 3 km from home.m

Don’t know how you handle the summers there!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts