Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just finished "updating" my bike with the following modifications. I am also expecting the Lowering Link from Speedy next week, and my new Corbin Seat. I made the windshield extenders to raise the Givi windshield another 2" or so so the wind would go over my helmet. In the Highest stock position, the wind hit me right in the forehead and buffeted the helmet around. With the Extenders, it solved the problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
extenders

thanks for your post and pictures. I am having
the same problem with the givi, could you possibly show
a close up of your extenders. I have already ordered a windscreen
from paralebum. I may have missed the name exactly, but anyway
it has not arrived yet. I am still looking for alternative ideas.

Thanks
dmc51
proverbs 3:6

The V- little bike- Big heart

·
Registered
217 Posts
DMC,
I have the proto's of the Parabellum and they are great!! Now I have to fix the other bikes windscreens!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just finished "updating" my bike with the following modifications. I am also expecting the Lowering Link from Speedy next week, and my new Corbin Seat. I made the windshield extenders to raise the Givi windshield another 2" or so so the wind would go over my helmet. In the Highest stock position, the wind hit me right in the forehead and buffeted the helmet around. With the Extenders, it solved the problem.
Dude, I hope it's comfy that way...

Cuz it sure is UGLY!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I say that with love, of course. :):):):)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Do you get much wind under the givi? I have the same wind screen, set in the middle position, I started on the lowest position and that seemed to get the high beam light glow on the shield, I havent yet placed it on the top position. How tall are ya? I am 6' I do notice a little wind hitting the helmet but no where near it was with the oem shield.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Givi Windscreen

My problem with the givi is its just not quite tall enough.
The wind hits my helment just above the faceshield causeing a constant
strain on my neck at 70 mph plus.
I have a neck problem, so I am sensitive to this problem.
This probably is not a issue with the average person.
I have noticed a little air coming from underneath the windschield but
its not very much at all, not bothersome in any way.

proverbs 3:6
dmc51

·
Registered
99 Posts
where did you find the windshield extenders? I have the same Givi windshield set to the tallest setting and still needs a little help at highway speeds.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Dallas,

Is the seat you have on currently stock? It looks like the stock seat but mine dose not go so low. If it is the stock seat how did you get it so low?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts