Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, just picked up a 2015 650LT, love the bike. Pretty sure I don't like the drivers foot pegs, to small and slippery w/wet imho

Can I get some ideas from you all? I have searched the www seems like pickens are slim for this new model

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
What kind of riding boots do you wear? My TCX Infinity Gore-tex boots have very grippy soles so they don't slip on the pegs or when I put my foot down on a wet road.

I think SW motech makes an off-road peg with sawtooth metal to dig into your boots. Did you look on twisted throttles website? I am not sure if Kawasaki changed thefront pegs for the '15s. A look at the parts fisch may be helpful as well.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Pegs are kinda standard so most universals should fit.. Measure them and use that as reference

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You may need a foot peg lowering kit, since your knee may be springy if they are too high.

I waited to make sure my seat (stock) hight was fine and my handlebar control package was complete before getting the lowered foot pegs. It was the last anthropometric change to fine tune the bike to me. The bike is high but the foot pegs are for short people (??), which says you are most likely going to have to do something somewhere sometime with your seat height and/or pegs. ymmv

ALL rubber pegs are slippery when wet, but the vibration reduction is appreciated the more you ride: you really want the rubber pegs, so try adjusting to them before you buy metal grip products that make your feet vibrate (vibration trauma) with no solution at any cost.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I have never slipped with rubber foot pegs. Rubber is grippy, not slippery.
As grippy as spiked aluminum pegs?

All materials have different properties in relations to others. Rubber may have a 30% coefficient of friction loss with water compared to almost none with spiked aluminum pegs. Of course the vibration from the AL pegs will cause trauma to your legs after a while if you ride every day.

My knee was hinged up before I got the lowered pegs and my legs jumped off the rubber pegs, especially in the rain (tall bike and short pegs = springy legs tension.)

Different people with different boots and bike setups are different. You may be short with a lowered bike and not had the common tall-bike-with-short-pegs syndrome: but you are not everyone. In fact, if this is the case, from a survey, about 1/3 of riders here used the lowered kits: so you are in a minority.

"Rubber is grippy" wasn't in the 10 Commandments was it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts