Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - Just wanted to say hello - I have ridden motorcycles my entire life, almost always had at least one in the garage, the only exceptions were some remote overseas locations where we could not have vehicles :) I am 49 years old now and still love to ride.

I have been riding a 2013 CBR1000RR for the last 5 years, and love the bike, but have just moved to Florida from Nashville and was looking for a commuter/adventure/work horse style bike. I had a KLR250 in the 80's and had a lot of fun with the bike on some trails. The Versys-X 300 looked like a fun little bike, and I was lucky to find a local deal clearing out a green 2017 non-abs for $2795. I added on the $250 military discount and just could not say no for the price. One advantage of the low price is left over $$$ for Farkle funds :) I do plan on several bolt ons, 15T sprocket, tires, lights, etc. I am also a had radio operator and have been looking at some mobile options there :)

This will be the third bike in the garage, besides the CBR1000RR I have a 1978 Kawasaki Z1r, but it is more of just a weekend bike cruise sort of ride!

Besides the motorcycles, I mess around with a LS1 drag Camaro, and have some electric bikes that I commute on time to time and hit some dirt trails as well.

Look forward to meeting everyone here, I have already seen some great guys with some awesome threads. I'd love to find any info on FL/South GA rides or meetups.

Ed

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Welcome from San Antonio, Texas and, at the moment, Moosehead Lake, Maine (where it's a lot cooler than Texas!)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all for the welcome! I read over the posts, this'll get me to #2, and once I get cleared on the other forums I'll start to post some photos.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome from San Antonio, Texas and, at the moment, Moosehead Lake, Maine (where it's a lot cooler than Texas!)
Spent a ton of time at Lackland AFB, great food in San Antonio!

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went ahead and popped for the Corbin Seat with matching green piping :) I am not getting any younger, and a comfy seat is important! LOL! I've had them on other bikes and really like the seat. I plan to carry my wife on this one a little bit too, so she'll like it!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Congrats on your Versys purchase! You have the best of both worlds, Corbin just south of you and Sargent is in your neighborhood!

·
Super Moderator
19,423 Posts
I went ahead and popped for the Corbin Seat with matching green piping :) I am not getting any younger, and a comfy seat is important! LOL! I've had them on other bikes and really like the seat. I plan to carry my wife on this one a little bit too, so she'll like it!
You might want to think about the "footpeg-lowering-blocks". Motowerk has them, and they move the 'pegs down 1.3" which might not sound like much but REALLY opens-up the 'rider-triangle'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts