Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Versys 650
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted this one this morning. Seems a fair account.
They report gear change a 'clunky'. I think that it's more like the rider hasn't learn't to matched the revs to the gear's 'happy' speed.
My new bike (2,000 km now) still has a very heavy to operate gear selector operation in first to second. It's like there's a house brick bolted to the selector.
Other gears are all reasonable. My recent ride of a brand new zero km H2 SX show that Kawasaki can do a LOT better when they need to (more $$$, snickedly snick !).

Rob.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Compared to other bikes I've owned, the shifting on the Versys is a bit clunky. My son's Yamaha MT07 is buttery smooth compared to it. That said, do I have any regrets buying the versys? NO. Would I buy the Versys again? YES.

·
Super Moderator
21,533 Posts
My new bike (2,000 km now) still has a very heavy to operate gear selector operation in first to second. It's like there's a house brick bolted to the selector.
Quite a few of us riding V650s found that, when we changed to a FULLY SYNTHETIC oil (15w-50 Mobil1 for ME), the shifting became (AND REMAINS!!!) much smoother.

·
Registered
2013 v650
385 Posts
Kawasaki used the positive neutral finder and that can make the shift from first to second require a longer lever motion with a solid lift. Pre load the shifter a little and when you pull the clutch it will jump into 2nd easer. Go ride a big cruiser and then tell me the versys is clunky.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Where is the 7 extra pounds over the 2015 with abs...?
Something severe happened, certainly not just plastics, led lights, TFT or traction control software...

I really hope the KTRC stays off after cycling the ignition....

·
Registered
66 Posts
No idea where the all the added weight came from, but there is the also new windshield and seat and the changes in the framing for the plastic, a pound here a few ounces there can soon add up, things rarely get lighter.

The KTRC seems to default to mode 1 after power cycling from the Off selection, at least it can be shut off temporarily, not like the ABS.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sometimes a difference in reported weight is due to updated measuring method, e.g. different amount of fuel in the tank. I read some markets have regulations that "wet weight" must mean "full tank" rather than a nebulous "ready to ride (to the nearest gas station)".

I don't know if that's the case here tho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts