Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Needed to move on from my more sport-focused bike due to posture issues and the need for a more neutral seating position and something easier on my wrists and neck angle. Although inseam challenged at 28", I opted for a new 2018 inventory clearance the Versys 650 LT and hope that I can address the seat height concern. Stock with the softest rear suspension setting, I'm on tip-toes. Already installed Motowerks lowering kit and slipped the front forks an additional 1.5" and now can get most of the balls of my feet down, and am hoping for more as the suspension breaks in. Am considering adding the Sargent Low seat, but at the best part of $500, I'm really hoping that it will make enough difference - any feedback greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just called Sargent seats about any upcoming specials for July 4th, and they said that there should be something and it'll most likely be similar to the Memorial Weekend sale of 12% off plus free shipping. They will offer 10% off and free shipping now if you don't want to wait the extra few days. Really wanted to hear back from anyone about the Sargent low seat difference on the Versys 650 gen 3 before pulling the trigger, but they do offer a 30-day money back guarantee without a restocking fee for standard black color seats, so perhaps worth trying anyway.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so I went ahead and ordered the Sargent Low seat and will eventually post side-on pictures of me on the stock bike, then stock bike with Motowerks lowering kit and lowered front forks (extra 1.5"), and then all of the above plus the Sargent low seat. Hopefully this helps some other inseam-challenged riders make the call on the Versys.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After modifying and installing the side stand insert fro Motowerks, to finish off the suspension lowering process, here's a picture of my new reach. It doesn't look like much, but it feels so much better, and much less butt movement to flat foot one side. Will repost once I receive the Sargent Low seat.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,910 Posts
Give it some time and you will grow into the bike and can flatfoot - believe me , as i have been through this, and i am 5'9" and can flat foot but the versys look tall and big when i first took it.

was not so confident and lower it but after some time, i went back to stock height and no problem at all. Just give it some time and the bike will settle down with you. :welcome:&:goodluck:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did my 40 miles each way commute for the first time and man does the stock seat suck. Will do two more 80 mile days next week and then should have the Sargent seat on. Will post an update then.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Welcome! I have 3 seats, the stock, Sargent Touring Heated, and the Sargent Low. The last one is my go to seat. As I like the feeling of being in the the bike, as opposed to being on top of it. The lowering links you installed appears to have made a significant difference for you. Enjoy.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Try getting some shoes/ boots with a thicker sole & add some insoles
Thicker soles made a big difference with my Vstrom. Still looking for a 650 Versys, but sat on a V1K at a dealer, and could barely tiptoe even with thick soles. But a brand new bike is gonna settle. The Japanese must think we're all NBA players over here?:grin2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts