Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently sold my 2015 KLR650 (my ninth KLR650 since 1991) and was looking for a change ...... bought a new green 2017 Versys-X 300 today over the phone. It will be picked up next week + I ordered a Shad 3P luggage rack mount kit with SH23 bags.

I am tall at 6’4”” and will probably replace the seat with the Kawasaki tall or a Seat Concepts in the near future.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome: I used to live "Near" St.Louis also in a little town named Winfield....:grin2:

·
Registered
308 Posts
After 9 KLR'S you must hear thump, thump in your sleep-the high rev 300x will be different for sure

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After 9 KLR'S you must hear thump, thump in your sleep-the high rev 300x will be different for sure[/QUOTE

You are right.....thump.thump.thump. I rode the Yamaha R3 sportbike recently at a Yamaha event and loved he high revving twin and think the X300 will be similar. I am just ready for a change after 26 years of KLRs. I tend to stick with a bike when they work for me.....had three Suzuki DR350S bikes, three Honda ST1300s, and currently on my fourth Yamaha Super Tenere!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi,

I am south of St. Louis with a V-Strom 1000 and a Versys 300. Both from Big Motorsports in St. Charles. I just put a custom Terry Adcox seat on mine which I would recommend for you. Terry can make it exactly for your dimensions. IMO they are as good as a Russel Day Long seat for about half the price.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello SECoda,

I ride the southern parts of Missouri quite frequently ... in particular, I like the Rockbridge Trout Ranch in SW Missouri, plus rides to Bixby, Echo Bluff State park, and down to Cape Girardeau for RTEs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts