Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NEW 2015 VERSYS 800cc, Direct Drive, Less Total Lbs.!! Not as a Versys!!

From the speculation of the Versys Forum. And building in popularity across the web! :thumb:

Predicting the V-1000, I have to say this is off the mark for Versys, IMO. :thumbdown:

I would love to see it and we might, just not as a Versys. :eek:

Feel free to speculate. Few threads for that on this forum.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Got a link?
But if you google 2014 2015 versys 800cc. One of the links is some of the guys from this forum are talking about 800cc Versys.

All speculation! And for fun! I lucked out on the V-1000. Found some spy photos. Invader posted them and a year later bam the V-1000 was born.

I took some hits from some of the members for sure! :D

Kawi is getting ready to do something? Maybe 800cc adventure is in the mix?

No changes in the V from 2010 to date?

·
Registered
73 Posts
First it would have to be dash buzz free.

Second it would have to use the same seating position/ handle bar & peg geometry as the 2nd gen Versys.

Third it would have to have ABS.

and

Fourth it would have to use the 800cc from this http://www.kawasaki.eu/Z800

Make it and I'd pay around $9000 for it.

But I don't see that happening.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sounds right, Yamaha has the FZ8 and the V 1k was built to compete with the FZ1... Make it a triple and bring it to the states at a decent price and I'm in

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Wouldn't mind it if they came out with an 800cc naked... With a screened version... With a center stand.... Without a car muffler on it...

Lol the list goes on

·
Registered
379 Posts
I hear you on the muffler! :thumb:

But would it pass all bullsh%# laws? Also very light as possible!
Probably not. Have you seen what they're putting on the Versys 1k and fz1? Looks like somebody strapped a bazooka to the motorcycle- ridiculous

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
NEW 2015 VERSYS....

Feel free to speculate.
Ok, then: 800 cc triple turbo diesel/electric hybrid, hydraulic two-wheel drive, less than 400 pounds, available in Royal Stewart, Black Watch or Clan MacLoed tartans.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, then: 800 cc triple turbo diesel/electric hybrid, hydraulic two-wheel drive, less than 400 pounds, available in Royal Stewart, Black Watch or Clan MacLoed tartans.
Hell Ya! :yeahsmile:

But you went too far with the two wheel drive. They are just too heavy, but I really do like them! :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
18,822 Posts
...But what about the MPG on an 800cc? And the lbs? No more lbs!
I watched an episode of "Cafe Racer" on the tube last night, where they had Bob Hannah test a '63 BSA A65 they'd redone. A Comment was made about how newer bikes are better, but then someone said - "The older bikes gave 60 to 70 mpg. Why can't the NEW ones?"

Probably WEIGHT, mostly....

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
:funnypost: You do have a way with words.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Clan MacLoed for me then. But how big is the diesel tank? Range is an issue.

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The dates on the posts of that link go back to 2012..... ain't nuttin' happened n it's 2014....
:stickpoke:
I'm working on my 2018 predictions now. So far the only one I hit dead on was the V1000. Gotta do something in the winter! ;)

Got a foot of snow. Would rather be riding! :(:(

1 - 20 of 58 Posts