Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

G'day from sunny Brisbane, Australia. Purchased my first motorcycle about 2 months ago and found this forum when researching rear rotor noise... Happy to report that the dealer confirmed it was warped and replaced it under warranty.

Enjoying the experience of riding and slowly gaining skills/confidence. My bike is the restricted version and so far that suits me.

Cheers,
Greg.

PS. I'll post a pic soon, not much in the way of mods available for the 2015 yet...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Guys,

G'day from sunny Brisbane, Australia. Purchased my first motorcycle about 2 months ago and found this forum when researching rear rotor noise... Happy to report that the dealer confirmed it was warped and replaced it under warranty.

Enjoying the experience of riding and slowly gaining skills/confidence. My bike is the restricted version and so far that suits me.

Cheers,
Greg.

PS. I'll post a pic soon, not much in the way of mods available for the 2015 yet...
Hummer,
I am headed over there next year in April. I am still trying to figure out if it will be cheaper to buy a bike there or ship mine over and back. As far as "restricted" what does that mean. It looks like things very state to state and I am flying into Sydney (NSW). I have also seen "Learner Approved". Are they the same or different? Just curios if you woudln't mind sharing did you buy yours used or new and how much did it run. The Versys over there seem to hold their value better than the states from what I have seen on bikesales.com.au. Cheapest one I found had been laid down a couple of times and was still in excess of $3750aud. Thanks for any help or advice you can give me.

Cheers,
Taylor

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Under the LAM Scheme class RE motorcycle licence holders can only ride a learner approved motorcycle.

A learner approved motorcycle is a production motorcycle that is fitted with an electric motor, or has an internal combustion engine with a capacity of not more than 660mL, and:

a power-to-weight ratio that does not exceed 150 kW/t
has not been modified other than for an allowable modification
is included on the LAM Scheme list of approved motorcycles.

My Versys is LAMS after riding it for about 5 months I removed the restrictors (easy as on the Versys) it gained a little more power up top and around 25 km/h. I replaced the restrictors so I could sell the bike to a restricted licence holder.
On the Versys it takes the form of a throttle stop screw which restricts the throttle from opening more than around 2/3 and a plug under the seat which electronically restricts the power in the ECU. Both of which are easily replaced.
Learners and provisional licence holders cannot legally ride non LAMS motorcycles. Typically LAMS bikes sell for more than the "full power" versions.
I doubt you will need to worry about any of this unless you are on a learners permit.

·
Super Moderator
16,054 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Looks like MaverickAus has answered your questions Taylor. If you are just looking to ride for a holiday period, you could always look into hiring a motorcycle:
http://www.sydneymotorbikerental.com.au/full-price-list.php

However if you are seriously looking to buy/sell, then check out www.gumtree.com.au as well.

Cheers.

BTW, Kawasaki has just annouced the 2016 Versys 650L ABS, only change is the color moving from the black to the burnt orange by the looks.:D
http://kawasaki.com.au/motorcycles/sport/2016-versys-650l-abs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts