Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just got a Versys 2012 and I'm just learning how to ride. I thought about getting a 250cc bike but am rolling the dice and getting something I can ride and tour on. I used to do 500 mile camping trip rides on a Mountain bike so I think it would be nice having a motor. I'm taking my rider safety course this weekend. I hope I'm not to much of a spaz.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Welcome, my wife had not been riding bikes long when she had a ride on a demo V about 3 years ago and her response after riding a Versys for first time was the versys was a easy bike to ride and almost ride's around corners on auto. Good idea to do a safety course :thumb:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Just take your time and learn... Welcome to the forum and to the 2-wheeled (motorized) life. You're going to love it. Remember - All The Gear, All The Time.
Go to about the 7:30 mark of this video I found on YouTube a while back:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow!! that's intense. I have got protective gear. My car insurance went up when I moved here in Alger Michigan because of so many deer.....JUst my opinion but I think 911 would have been my first phone call for help. Hope your OK now.

·
Premium Member
16,227 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Wow!! that's intense. Hope your OK now.
It wasn't me actually... Just a YouTube I came across a while back... I'm an ATGATT kind of guy... I like to think that I would have popped up and gone after the deer for that night's dinner.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
:welcome: The Versys is a very forgiving bike! Take your time and don't ride beyond your skills and you should be fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also just bought a 2012 as my first bike and took the MSF course a few months ago. Welcome and best of luck, I'm sure you'll do fine and as a long time bicyclist I can say that having the 2 wheel experience even without the motor will help a lot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts