Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new bike two weeks ago. First ride dash went blank at 30 miles then engine died 5 miles later - dead battery. Loaded it up in the truck, got it home, charged up the battery and took it back out - 25 miles later, same thing happened. Started looking around and noticed a connector dangling near the swing arm pivot - a little more looking around and NO REGULATOR mounted on the little shelf on the left side:eek: Called the dealer and they got one overnighted from the warehouse and it was in my hands the next day + they reimbursed me for the cost of a new battery. Installed the regulator and all is good. Now have 450 miles on it, just changed the oil/filter getting ready for a week long trip to SC/NC/TN for a riding vacation with 8 other friends.

Already have an airhawk seat (the stock seat is indeed very firm) - Yoshi fender eliminator, spools, and forward handle pitbull stand should be arriving tomorrow. My initial impressions regarding the ride are that the steering is quick, motor has plenty of power on tap over a wide powerband - very surprising for a mid-size twin, rear is a little stiff but feels very confident when pushed hard into corners that have bumps or tar strips. Been watching threads regarding setting up the suspension and will be trying out some changes to soften up the back end. Was surprised how smooth the transmission is, was expecting worse after seeing lots of threads complaining about it. Front brakes could be better but there is enough feedback that I am comfortable. I ride all my bikes aggressively and now that I have it broken in, I am pushing it hard to find its limits and having a ball, this bike has a lot of character. Looking forward to lots miles with this bike and glad to have found this forum:)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
What's missing are the accessories :)

Good that they got the R/R fixed. For the brakes, if you need to get it to be more responsive, get the Stainless Steel Braided hoses. Worth the investment.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Pad change at the same time, I've liked the EBC HH.
Congrats on the new bike!
I wonder if they pulled the R/R to get somebody on the road, then forgot to replace it?

·
Registered
269 Posts
How the heck can a new bike be delivered without the R/R??!! A factory mistake, I presume. Anyhow, glad you're all sorted now - enjoy. Black 'n' yellow looks good...! :thumb:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nice Bumble Bee!

And it's really nice to have a new bike that runs:exactly:

·
Registered
774 Posts
How the heck can a new bike be delivered without the R/R??!! A factory mistake, I presume. Anyhow, glad you're all sorted now - enjoy. Black 'n' yellow looks good...! :thumb:
I bet somebody needed a regulator so the dealership stole it off the new bike. I needed a stator last year and had a dealer open up a new bike to get me one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bet somebody needed a regulator so the dealership stole it off the new bike. I needed a stator last year and had a dealer open up a new bike to get me one.
Yea Ken, bet that's exactly what happened. Dealership was great working with me - sent the owner a nice email and he replied with his cell number telling me to call him anytime if I have any issue. Great guys to work with - refreshing in these days of customer no-service.....anyone on the FL west coast south of Tampa want a referral, contact me. These guys had the best price within a 200 mile radius of Orlando.

·
Premium Member
7,786 Posts
Hope the absence of the RR did no harm to the alternator. A bit surprised as to how dealers can be so careless .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hope the absence of the RR did no harm to the alternator. A bit surprised as to how dealers can be so careless .
I would think the alternator is a non-issue as there was no load on it without the RR - working just fine so far...I measured the output at several revs and it is charging just fine:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts