Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Just puchased my new 2009 versys on Feb 9th. What a deal i got $5735 out the door. The color is candy lime green and black; what a stunning color it looks awesome:thumb Hey i was wondering what kind of bags people are using? I'm thinking of going with soft luggage but am concerned that it might scuff the passenger hand rails. Any insight would be much appreciated:). Also: What kind of upgades are being done. Waiting for sunny days here in the wet N.W.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Congrats and welcome. One popular mod is an ALU-RACK by SW Motech available at Twisted Throttle. It accepts various hard and soft bags and side bags as well or it lends a flat surface for your own modification. Yes,green is the best.:thumb:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Soft bags won't scuff the handrails. If you continually use bungee cords and attach them to the handrails (like me) then it might scuff a little. But it's hardly noticeable.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Congrats on your purchase Rodski you got A sweet deal and A great bike I also have the green one. I just recently painted the lower front plastics flat black. There are tons of great mods and farkles you can do on the V and this forum is great for finding those answers and mods you want to accomplish.
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/
this is A good place to find luggage.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Welcome Rodski, enjoy your new machine.

Couple of questions, where in the wet NW are you? We have a small group of OR & WA riders that gets together when the weather cooperates.

Where did you buy your V OTD for that price-that's a real deal on a new one if that included tax & tabs (or are you in Oregon?).

Machog

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey macog; thanks for the reply I purchased the bike in Portland Oregon. This bike was the last 09 model they had left for $4999 plus [email protected] I couldnt pass that one up! I'm in Astoria Oregon on the North Coast. Not too far from Redmond Wa. That would be great to do some some spring/summer rides:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats and welcome. One popular mod is an ALU-RACK by SW Motech available at Twisted Throttle. It accepts various hard and soft bags and side bags as well or it lends a flat surface for your own modification. Yes,green is the best.:thumb:
Hey thanks for the info! Going to check that site today! Yes green is awesome! love the color. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
luggage

Thanks for the info:D Now if it would only stop raining here I could get two miles on my new versys:(

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've been known to show up in Astoria from time to time. Last spring was a blast! Camped at Fort Stevens, hung out with some motorcycle guys from PNWriders, can't wait to do it again! Maybe this spring!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts