Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! Bought a new 2016 Versys 650LT at the end of June and after weeks of lurking on here I have finally joined!

Just introducing myself here:
The V is my second bike, first bike was an 1984 Kawasaki KZ550 F2 - barn find that I fixed up. Only have been riding for about 2 years and I picked up the Versys because I wanted something with better range, fuel economy, and touring capability than my old KZ550.

Since breaking in the new Versys, I have already been to a track day with it (track days are really fun) and taken trips down to Milwaukee and Chicago on it (I live in the Twin Cites, MN). I hope to squeeze one or two more trips in before the snow comes!

Looking forward to being part of the community on here!

Thanks guys!

-SgtSpaceCadet

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Welcome from the Canadian city where we don't have to worry about snow :)

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

BTW "bigaussie" - I flew into YYJ in a 727 when there was a foot of snow on the runway (plowed down the center), so they brought passengers, etc out to US on the runway, which was closed to ALL other traffic till we departed, so your claim is BOGUS!:wink2:

"Welcome from the Canadian city where we don't have to worry about snow "

·
Registered
842 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

BTW "bigaussie" - I flew into YYJ in a 727 when there was a foot of snow on the runway (plowed down the center), so they brought passengers, etc out to US on the runway, which was closed to ALL other traffic till we departed, so your claim is BOGUS!:wink2:

"Welcome from the Canadian city where we don't have to worry about snow "
You must be talking of the "Great Victoria snowstorm of December 1996".

Last year we had one snowfall of 2" / 5cm that lasted less than 48 hours on the ground. Ditto the year before. It seems the December average is 6" / 15 cm but we haven't seen that since we moved here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's just not the snow (and icy roads!) But the folks on four wheels that forget every year how to drive when it's snowy and icy... that first snowfall is never fun on the roads...

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts
BigAussie - "You must be talking of the "Great Victoria snowstorm of December 1996".

Last year we had one snowfall of 2" / 5cm that lasted less than 48 hours on the ground. Ditto the year before. It seems the December average is 6" / 15 cm but we haven't seen that since we moved here."

Nope. That was in the period of 1978 to 1982, when I was a first officer on the 727s.... So-o-o - it snows in Victoria FREQUENTLY (AND regularly)...!

:wink2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts