Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2015 Versys 650LT couple of days ago.
Have been riding for past 15 years and I am really surprised how comfy it is to ride this bike, except for the windscreen...
Ride safe everyone!

·
Premium Member
16,220 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Welcome to the forum !

I agree on that windscreen. It sucks

Post up some photos of your bike !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went out for a ride with my friend on Labor day weekend, love the bike, but also noticed a groaning noise from rear (perhaps rear brake or rotor?)
Going to bring in to dealer and hopefully it's covered under warranty...

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you BayouVersys for the link :)
I did search around about brake noise and sounds like wrapped rotor is the common cause so I took it to garage today.
They told me rotor seems to be fine (free inspection so no serious measuring), hence the groaning noise might be from the pad.
They might told me that based on experience but I will take it to dealer and have them check again.

Oh, another complaint, vibration, and noise (possibly from plastic/metal vibration)
Other than that, this is a fun and comfy bike!

Welcome! Nice LT! It's a common issue on the rear brake, read the threads on this issue, good info on it. Your friend has a sweet Ninja1K.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/9-technical-discussion/81225-2015-brakes-making-noise.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the suggestion! I saw lots of good reviews about that screen but unfortunately, after searching online for a while from all the retailer I know, looks like clear and light smoke ones are all out of stock, only dark smoke available...
I ended up ordered Givi windscreen which also got several good reviews...hopefully its as good as Puig :)

Get the Puig windshield from Revzilla in the smoke color. Best mod yet. Congrats, I bought the same bike new in March!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion! I saw lots of good reviews about that screen but unfortunately, after searching online for a while from all the retailer I know, looks like clear and light smoke ones are all out of stock, only dark smoke available...
I ended up ordered Givi windscreen which also got several good reviews...hopefully its as good as Puig :)
Please give us a review on the Givi windscreen

1 - 12 of 12 Posts