1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome aboard. I put a set of Puig Pro Frame Sliders on my 2012. They look pretty decent on the bike and they protected the cowl perfectly on a right side drivewaydrop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Frame sliders for sure, perhaps a rear hugger to protect the battery's regulater from roadsrpay.
Welcome aboard

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Welcome, and my advice is to first enjoy the funvee and then decide what you need for the bike based on your personal preference's not others.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Just got my new 13 versys. Any advice on must haves for this bike? I plan a luggage rack and frame sliders.
I would be inclined to install SW-Motech engine bars in place of frame sliders. They offer a LOT more protection to the bike, especially if you crash. See the videos on the Twisted Throttle website. The SW-Motech aluminum rear rack is better than the Givi rear rack because it is much, much lighter and also replaces the heavy steel grab handles and does not rust in adverse conditions. An after market windshield is great if you ride in cooler weather or do many highway miles.

Some may disagree, but my experience with hand guards is they are a waste of good money. Replacement brake and clutch levers are $15 on ebay and take 5min to install. Bark buster handguards are $150 with the parts to fit the Versys and while they will preserve the brake or clutch lever if you drop the bike lightly on it's side, they may also more easily bend the very thin walled and expensive handle bars in a harder drop. Heated grips and perhaps a pair of good insulated motorcycle gloves are a much better investment for the money IMO. They have a tendency to yank out the plate welded to the end of the bars with the mounting screw hole in a drop as they apply extra stress here and bend the handle bars at the forward attachment point. The problem is the handle bars are not constructed strongly enough to with stand the localized forces these apply in a crash or hard drop. Kinda like how frame sliders sometimes bend the frame at their attachment point in a crash. They also have negligible effect on hand warmth and cause interference with larger wind shields.

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
:welcome: engine Guards are better option for engine protection. Frame sliders are not recommended- IMHO.
:goodluck:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts