Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just nabbed myself a new 09 blue Versys. I'm pretty pumped. Gonna spend the next 3 months carving up the twisties around Las Vegas then road trip it home 1600 miles to north dakota. It'll be a nice mountain ride till I get to the flatlands. Gotta get myself some Givi bags and a tinted Mikes touring shield for the trip!

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome: Nice to see more blue out there. Enjoy:goodluck:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, I can tell I'm going to have to get a better windshield for the long trek. Was gonna get a Mike's touring...but I'm thinking about the GT now. I'm used to my big Memphis Shades 4 foot tall shield on my Shadow. I also have to get used to the different power band.....I feel like the bike is going to explode at 5K RPM! It handles SOOOOO much better than a cruiser and I'm going to have much more fun on this bike.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aaaaaaaand my wife just told me that she doesn't want me to sell my old bike! I don't think I'll ride it much anymore but I like having two bikes!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Also, I can tell I'm going to have to get a better windshield for the long trek. Was gonna get a Mike's touring...but I'm thinking about the GT now. I'm used to my big Memphis Shades 4 foot tall shield on my Shadow. I also have to get used to the different power band.....I feel like the bike is going to explode at 5K RPM! It handles SOOOOO much better than a cruiser and I'm going to have much more fun on this bike.
Glad to see an experienced rider mention the power band...and feel at 5K RPM for e.g. I'm a newb and this is my first bike and trying to take it easy on it for the first 400(?) miles. I look forward to getting used to the vibration and power and keeping it up in the 5-8K RPM range when broken in (based on what some others have said). Gets smoother and has more speed change control up there so I've heard.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm just about to 600 miles so I'm starting to eek it up to 6k RPM. It's really smooth up above 5K and the bike seems to love it there. I went for a hundred mile loop through the Sierra Nevada mountains today. I was literally laughing out loud I was having so much fun....not a quarter mile of straight road to be seen!

·
Registered
104 Posts
:welcome: AlexF,

I think Element meant foam tape to fix the fairing buzz (if you have it).
:cheers: and Good rides!:)
Thank you. Nope, think I'm OK in that department. The only buzz I get is from the air in my helmet if my earplugs aren't snug. :) Still like my Scorpian EXO 700 helmet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts