Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am with Invader, what was the problem that you solved? I am curious now :yeahsmile:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hee hee, I just saw this and I was very tempted to let this thread go for a while. :devil:

OK, so here's the deal:
Yesterday I was installing my SW crash bars. When I was about to loosen the motor mount bolt, I was convinced that the bolt sat in internal thread inside the engine block. :eek: So when a nut suddenly fell to the floor, it was a mystery nut that I had nooooooooooooo idea where it came from. :rolleyes:

So here I am with my new-to-me '08 V (ever since January 2nd, red is the fastest color!) and I have UFOs, Unidentified Falling Objects! Panic instantly prohibited any and all thinking or common sense, so I started this thread, asking please help where does this mystery nut belong OMG my bike if falling apart helpz!! Anyway, two minutes later I came to my senses, actually checked if there was perhaps a through hole where I suspected internal threads... and whaddayaknow! there is a through hole and the UFO was the nut of the motor mount bolt!

So yeah, now I have to publicly admit what a dingbat I am :guilty: instead of have the whole thing quietly disappear.

Tonight is the Stebel's turn. I promise I won't come yelling on the forum about UFOs.

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts
There's a few posts about installing Stebels (or Harbor Freight Wolos), including mine. Under the LEFT 'fairing' along the gas tank works (for me).

·
Registered
103 Posts
Pretbek,

Thanks for the whole story, we have all been there (I know I have). However, this is a great spot to asked the question regarding UFO, or anything else related to the Versys. You will recieve a answer either way. Enjoy you ride! :cheers:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Spent about ten minutes years ago looking for a screwdriver I had been using on a job. was raking thru the tools in my messy box when I eventually realised I was using the screwdriver as a rake ! It was in my hand all the time :confused:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw no lock washer on either side. The nut is self-locking though, so I imagine a separate lock washer is not necessary.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts