Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Being a Kiwi, i had a bit of trouble understanding the dialog, so what do you think is the reasoning for an upside down engine. -- Just to be different??

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Being a Kiwi, i had a bit of trouble understanding the dialog, so what do you think is the reasoning for an upside down engine. -- Just to be different??
Not at all. It's so they can sell them in Australia and New Zealand. :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Not at all. It's so they can sell them in Australia and New Zealand. :D:D:D
^^ now that's funny ^^

From visordown.com:

The idea behind the Nembo 32 is that by turning the engine upside-down it can use the crankcase as a structural part of the chassis without putting any loads through the cylinders or cylinder head. The front and rear frame sections bolt straight to the crankcases while the cylinders and head just hang there.

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/1814cc-inverted-3-cylinder-nembo-32/18734.html#ixzz2c5txPumZ

·
Registered
391 Posts
^^ now that's funny ^^

From visordown.com:

The idea behind the Nembo 32 is that by turning the engine upside-down it can use the crankcase as a structural part of the chassis without putting any loads through the cylinders or cylinder head. The front and rear frame sections bolt straight to the crankcases while the cylinders and head just hang there.

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/1814cc-inverted-3-cylinder-nembo-32/18734.html#ixzz2c5txPumZ
Very complicated way of re engineering an engine. Dave Britten used the heads of his bike to hold the front steering head section and the swingarm hinged in the crankcase. No frame as such. Kiwi ingenuity appears more simplistic than Italian??? ingenuity.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yep clever,:clap::clap: Bikes down under are faster than up top. Look at Bert Munroe and Dave Britten. :thumb:
^^BOOYA!!! - Kiwi's got ya there!!!^^

Now let's talk about cutting edge American motorcycle engineering... Starting with Harley Davidson.
Hahahaha... I kill me.

·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts
Sure makes it easy to change the plugs.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Wild. Gotta love new ideas.

Wouldn't it be rather top heavy? Wonder how the off-road version would fair with a bash plate for the cylinder head!

·
Registered
181 Posts
How do they manage oil in that thing? Seems to me it would all want to pool up behind the pistons, and a conventional sump/pan like ours would be useless. At least the intake is in front and the exhaust goes out the back. Seems a more natural order of things, instead of having to plumb a 180 bend in the headers to get back to the cans..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts