Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered a set of the nelson - rigg touring (89.99)or sport saddle (79.99)bags from motorcyclegear?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got a set of CL-950 saddlebags with CL-750 dual mounting tailbag. Absolutely love them. Once you get them set up (no additional mounting brackets or hardware required), they take less than a minute to install or remove. The dual mounting feature is great, the tailbag just clips on to the saddlebags, or can be used as a stand-alone. They fit good, no problems with them at all so far. And they look pretty sharp, too. After shopping around, I'd say best bang for your buck. Amazing deal on the bags with built in solar chargers @ motorcyclegear.com right now, check it out!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone ordered a set of the nelson - rigg touring (89.99)or sport saddle (79.99)bags from motorcyclegear?
I've got the Nelson CL 1040 which is the second one that I've had. First one sold with my old KLR. I'm not all that happy with the new one i purchased the quality is not as good I bought Moto centric sport saddlebags which I really like. Much better Quality than Nelson Rigg wish I would've got the Moto centric tail bag also

·
Registered
223 Posts
Another brand to check out is Motocentric as they are better quality.

http://www.marksmotogear.com/MotoCentric_MotoTrek_Sport_Saddlebags_p/8601-200.htm

I would stick with "sport" sized saddle bags on the Versys unless you purchase or build a support rack to prevent the larger bags from drooping inward.
Hey Sprocket,
Thanks for the plug for my website :D. I was wondering why the spike in clicks....
I'd be happy to offer fellow forum members a discount if they see something they like. PM me if you're interested.

Mark

·
Registered
122 Posts
Geez... With Mark on the thread I hate to ask this question but... Anyone have a comparison between RKA and Motocentric? I do like the looks of Mark's bags but have never seen them in person. I do have an RKA tailbag so I know the quality and customer service are good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts