Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My neighbor was killed on his Harley! I'll be watching the news for updates, but I think he was hit from behind? :(

He was a nice guy and loved to ride. No safety gear of any kind. Never did that gig at all. Lots of family in and out of his house today. His mom just died what a sad deal! :(

R.I.P. Neighbor!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Wishing peace for his family.

This is something none of want to really think about, but our passion sometimes can have a heavy consequence for our loved ones. I know it's an over used cliche, but i'd rather die doing something I love than any other way.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far only info is he was hit from behind on the highway and bike and himself went into the ditch. :eek: No helmet or safety gear. :eek:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
“The smallest decisions made had such profound repercussions. One ten-minute wait could save a life… Or end it… One wrong turn down the right street or one seemingly unimportant conversation, and everything was changed. It wasn’t right that each lifetime was defined, ruined, ended, and made by such seemingly innocuous details. A major life-threatening event should come with a flashing warning sign that either said ABANDON ALL HOPE or SAFETY AHEAD. It was the cruelest joke of all that no one could see the most vicious curves until they were over the edge, falling into the abyss below.”
― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Invincible

·
Registered
191 Posts
Oh dear! And hit from behind?? Another distracted driver that didnt see him? How awful! Thoughts and prayers to his family.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
F*u*c*k ... !
He got hit by a leo ?!?

That's insane !!!

And by the video, plenty of time to avoid ... Drives me mad !

Sorry for your loss MTS

LOP

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
Damn hate to hear that.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Helmet use.

R.I.P.

People simply need to be more aware that motorcycles are all over and we need to ride like everyone of them could be distracted and not notice us. Had one guy on Monday die from a cement truck turning in front of him and just this the other day....all within several miles of where I ride

http://www.whiznews.com/content/news/local/2013/09/11/accident-on-sr-93

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The Whiz news article said: "If you're a motorcyclist drive defensively. Make sure you're aware and always wear a helmet, if possible," said Merryman.
Just wondering when is it NOT possible to wear a helmet??
Sad that riders lose their lives and end up as an example of what not to do.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
We all get the choice of how we live.
We don't get a choice of when we check out.
You can get creamed by a truck in your car as easily as getting nailed by a car while riding.
The best you can hope for is to cover your butt the best you feel possible and go for the ride.
Nobody gets out alive so live like it's all you've got...cause it really is.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts