Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow - have things changed a lot since I last bought new tires. Dealers want between $135 & $150 to install both tires.

Is this about right? I'll probably end up going to Kawasaki City in Irving unless someone has a better suggestion.

Thanks, Les

·
Super Moderator
19,160 Posts
Wow - have things changed a lot since I last bought new tires. Dealers want between $135 & $150 to install both tires.

Is this about right? I'll probably end up going to Kawasaki City in Irving unless someone has a better suggestion.

Thanks, Les
Les,
That's INSTALLATION and NEW TIRES, right?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Usually it is quite a bit less if you can just take the wheels in and have the tires changed. I know around here it is around $22 each off-bike and around $80 on-bike

·
Registered
315 Posts
Here in California, a couple of weeks ago I paid $100 to have front and rear tires installed. Yeah, it is kind of high, and as noted earlier, prices are about half that if you take the wheels off yourself.

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,160 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I've bought tires here at a very good price and they mount them free here while you wait.

Motorcycle City

2146 S. Jupiter
Garland, TX 75041
(972) 926-1525

·
Premium Member
7,812 Posts

Thanks, Les
:eek:its less than USD 20 for both tires installed and balanced here. USD 135~150 is day light robbery.

:goodluck:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Your best bet is taking the wheels off and bringing them in instead of the whole bike. I think I paid $65 for my rear over here, so I guess they're just charging double that.

Also, if you have a track nearby, they tend to do tire changes a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry everyone I;ve been out of town, slammed etc.

Thanks so much weljo2001 for that Motorcycle superstore listing thang. Have emailed Sabin Performance who are listed at $80 a set - good bit better than $150! There's a really good How-To on the forums with pics showing you how to take wheels off. Even though I am Scottish I still would pay someone else to do it. I'm not afraid to tackle anything, would happily build a house on my own, but for some reason, when it comes to mechanical stuff, I just can't do it!

Thanks Don for the Motorcycle City tip I'll call them next time. Did they used to be on Garland Rd?

And Ed! What a brilliant idea! Maybe next time.

Les

·
Registered
499 Posts
Another place is A Biker's Garage in Roanoke. Good people there. Only issue is they might not call you when something is done ... you need to call them. :)

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
Another place is A Biker's Garage in Roanoke. Good people there. Only issue is they might not call you when something is done ... you need to call them. :)
Well Hell if you go to roanoke make sure you check out Babe's Chicken. Yummy Yummy.:yeahsmile:

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
Sorry everyone I;ve been out of town, slammed etc.

Thanks so much weljo2001 for that Motorcycle superstore listing thang. Have emailed Sabin Performance who are listed at $80 a set - good bit better than $150!
Les

Anytime. Glad it was of some use to you.:)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Les, I tried to call Motorcycle City and there phone always rings busy for some reason. Also, it appears now that they charge $15.00 a tire to install if you buy them from them and $20.00 if you don't. Still, a good deal. I'm going by there to see what's up with the phone and I'll let you know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts