Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Located in Atlanta, there are two 09's at the same dealer. The green versys has 2600 miles and they are asking $5260:

http://www.wowmotorcycles.com/bikes.asp?ref=96475&opt=1

The blue versys has almost 11,000 miles and they are asking the same price:

http://www.wowmotorcycles.com/bikes.asp?ref=96838&opt=1

Looking at both bikes I don't see additional upgrades on the blue bike to justify the same price as the green considering the mileage difference.

I plan on going in and saying "I'll pay $xxxx for the green or $xxxx for the blue".

Give me some advice on what my offers should be.........

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sounds like they want to take you for a "ride".

I picked up my '09 in August for $3750 with 7000 miles and lots of farkles added: Oxford heated grips, Leo Vince pipe, front fender extender, rear spools, Michelin Pilot 2 tires, Renthal aluminum bars with Rox adjustable risers, Vortex 43-tooth rear sprocket (in addition to the stock sprocket) and a Givi windshield plus the original stock shield.

Granted, the purchase was from an individual.

My advice is don't be in a hurry, plot your strategy carefully, and you'll find a great deal that's worth the wait.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Do you need to finance it or you got the cash up front? If you got the cash look privately. Seems expensive to me too.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
there is a brand new green one here in Dallas for $4,900.00. It has "0" miles.

Action Kawasaki
972-686-8000
Ask for Michael Palo and tell him Don sent you.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies......the bike in Marietta is where I bought my KLX 250S. I was in the store about 3 weeks ago and the sticker was in the high 6's. Sounds like they may be willing to come down a bit. The dealership has changed hands recently from Motions to Mountain Motorsports......maybe the new owner has a little more leverage with the manufacture.

I may go to WOW Motorcycles tomorrow and offer $4250 on the green one and see what they say.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Those prices are way high. Bought my '08 with 790mi. in November for $3,800, 100% stock. Give yourself 30 days, search online every day, you will find your bike. Good luck.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there is a brand new green one here in Dallas for $4,900.00. It has "0" miles.

Action Kawasaki
972-686-8000
Ask for Michael Palo and tell him Don sent you.
My brother in law lives in Dallas, riding back from Dallas to Atlanta would be a blast........weather permitting.

·
Registered
281 Posts
There's also a member who keeps posting about a dealer selling new '09s for $4495. Somewhere in AR if I remember right? Maybe he'll chime in.

·
Super Moderator
19,121 Posts
There's also a member who keeps posting about a dealer selling new '09s for $4495. Somewhere in AR if I remember right? Maybe he'll chime in.
That's me, and it's in Casa Grande, AZ. The price is PLUS fees, so whatever you can negotiate!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Offer them $4,000 "out the door"
They said they would come down somewhere between $150 and $200 because of what they have in the bike(s) and they have to make their margins....., I left and will continue looking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts