Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Need power commander???

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  skizzo81 
#1 ·
Im debating wether or not to get a full exhaust system for my 09. Will i need a power commander if i get one? Which is the best header for the versys? Any info appreciated.:feedback:

#6 ·
No need for a Power Commander with my Muzzy header with custom Magnaflow/Yoshimura silencer, Pipercross air filter, etc... It'll still be progressively too rich from mid to high rpm. stock or not. Rotating the main throttle sensor counterclockwise just a tad adds more fuel at low rpm where it's needed most, especially near 2800 rpm.
Also, sealing off the PAIR valve reduces backfiring tendency upon engine braking.

#7 ·
I think that PC-V is not for everyone, you must enjoy using it, I think that's the point. I like to try different maps and see how the bike respond... accept the trims often, read something about fuel tables, AFR, etc. I think is one more think you can add to your bike to help get more HP's. An aftermarket exhaust is fine, hi-flow air filter too, good TPS tuning a must (and all Invader recommendations), PC-V with AutoTube good too... just my opinion...:huh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.