Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings V lovers

Need to find ideas on back rest for my WW (wonderful wifee) before we can do any real distance. I know the trunk is the way to go but is there anything out there with a clean short backrest? Got factory pans 2009 blue. Thanks for the info in advance. KNOBS

"The world would be a better place if we all rode motorcycles"

·
Registered
196 Posts
Greetings V lovers

Need to find ideas on back rest for my WW (wonderful wifee) before we can do any real distance. I know the trunk is the way to go but is there anything out there with a clean short backrest? Got factory pans 2009 blue. Thanks for the info in advance. KNOBS

"The world would be a better place if we all rode motorcycles"
It all depends on your imagination. The Corbin seat offers a backrest-But the set will cost you about $700 and the seat will be drastically shortened for the passenger. I had one ad my passendger did not have much room with the backrest installed and corbin more or less told me to pound sand instead off attempting to work with me. I have the shad top case with backrest now.

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
I was going to ask the question. I was actualy going to ask speedy if he could make somthing.

I think you could remove the passenger "grip bars", on the sides of the passenger seat, and make some kind of large bracket that bolts into thoses holes.

See the attached screen shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
just PM speedy lets see if he has any thoughts.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If SW-Motech can mount their trunk rack there, I don't know why Speedy couldn't come up with some sort of backrest bracket that would mount in the same spot.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I would definitely like to have a back rest for the wife. However, if one is made it would be nice to easily take it on or off.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Speedy was what came to mind first as well. I have the givi side bags, and would love to see something that attached to the handles themselves.

·
Registered
148 Posts
check out a givi tb 19 back rest for a silver wing honda . i saw one mounted on a 1400 concours last week ,it was mounted with two bolts on the flat plate on his top rack. it look good and his wife loved it. $ 71.10 at twisted throllte .com ride safe

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Back Rest

Sounds like I am not alone. I will try to update with pictures but I am trying to find the time to get my V broke in. Speedy must be the guy to know. I like the price of the Honda but I gotta talk a longer look at it.

"If you ride a V you got to be tough, smart and unique"

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ive recently purchased the large oval backrest from Corbin. I think it was
238$plus shipping. It may have been a little more. I bought it for my daugther to
ride with me in Branson MO. We did the ride and she loved it. Its 12 inches wide
and about 11 tall. I intend to add some kind of bag between myself and the
back rest to help on back support for the Mini trips I take.
Haven,t done it yet.
try to soon. Dmc51

·
Registered
66 Posts
It all depends on your imagination. The Corbin seat offers a backrest-But the set will cost you about $700 and the seat will be drastically shortened for the passenger. I had one ad my passendger did not have much room with the backrest installed and corbin more or less told me to pound sand instead off attempting to work with me. I have the shad top case with backrest now.
I like the looks of the Shad top case, my wife would love that. Where did you get your luggage rack to mount it on and which model rack?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I like the looks of the Shad top case, my wife would love that. Where did you get your luggage rack to mount it on and which model rack?
The rack came from twisted throttle- by sw motech. The shad top case I think I got from aventure noto I thinkm

·
Registered
66 Posts
The rack came from twisted throttle- by sw motech. The shad top case I think I got from aventure noto I thinkm
Thanks dude, I did a search after I posted my question (should have done it first) and discovered the multiple threads dealing with it. Does your passenger think the sh29 is big/comfortable enough with the back rest?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks dude, I did a search after I posted my question (should have done it first) and discovered the multiple threads dealing with it. Does your passenger think the sh29 is big/comfortable enough with the back rest?

Shge likes. It because. It gives her a secure indication of where the back oof seat is. Its not like it would hold. Her entire weight though. Also my 6 year old sone rides with me a bit-and he really likes it-as well of the piece of mind it gives ne that he won't slide off.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts