Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bought the bike I told you about however the tires, Michelin Pilot Road 2, are from 2008 and there are small dry rot cracks in them. These are the second set on a 2009 bike :surprise::surprise: I want to replace them asap with a new set of Pilot Road 4 tires. Is this the right choice?

Thanks

Jasper

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Hi all,

I bought the bike I told you about however the tires, Michelin Pilot Road 2, are from 2008 and there are small dry rot cracks in them. These are the second set on a 2009 bike :surprise::surprise: I want to replace them asap with a new set of Pilot Road 4 tires. Is this the right choice?

Thanks

Jasper
I have them and feel that they are an excellent step up from the Bridgestones & and waaay better that oem tires. Dry or wet I feel well planted on the road.

·
Premium Member
9,218 Posts
ABS / 2015 Versys Piilot R4

Just replaced my OEM Dunlop rear with PR4, first off the circumference is smaller than the dunlop, so speed reads higher than GPS, as to the tire, a huge improvement! This is my third set of Michelin Tires, PR2, PR3, now PR4., The first two on my 07 Versys, last on the 2015.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Depends on what type of riding you do.

Reactions: J vd Pal

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I like to sneak onto the gravel sometimes, so I have the Metz Touance Next.

BUT, these were preceded by 2 sets of PR3s then a set of PR4s. The Michelin Pilots were excellent tires with LONG wear. You should be very pleased with them.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Metzeler has a new sport tour tire, Roadtec 01, not mentioned on the video as it is so new. Won a recent tire comparison by MCN.

Metzeler Tourance Next is the top rated all round adventure tire for 95/5% use

1 - 7 of 7 Posts