Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Partially killed the original battery in my 2009 Saturday whilst having a beer and a sandwich by leaving on the ignition and the running lights. I always look back at my beastie, but not that day. She started eventually, begrudgingly, but I was getting the funky revving with no oomph while trying to speed up on the slab. Lucky I've gotten this much out of it since buying in mid 2013. What have any of you been happy with when replacing your battery? Thx.

·
Super Moderator
19,617 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I've had my '08 V since new. At the 7 year point, I replaced the original battery (which was still working fine) with a lithium battery, and bought a new lithium battery charger. I mainly did this to save weight, and also to just try something new. Its been working fine for the past 2 years. I often ride with full heated gear, GPS, phone charger, aux lights - no problem.

In the winter, the bike sits for 5 months. About one day per month, I will put it on the smart/trickle charger, for one day a month. I did this for the original battery too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts