Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just install speedy lowering kit and when I was lowering the front one side got away from me and it's too low, Can someone tell me an easy way to raise the one side? I'm working alone. Frank

·
Premium Member
7,805 Posts
Been alone makes it a bit difficult, but try not to slack the lock bolts to lose. Keep it a just a little lose and try twist/pull and it should set. Is your bike on any jack. just be careful.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
I was lucky and had a overhead storage with a support beam, ran a small sling around it and used my cable hoist, small nylon flat webbing around the handle bar mount, picked the front up. The bottom line is you need to take the bike weight off the forks.Another option would be to have a front fork stand, I guess if you had that you wouldn't be posting. The only other way I could suggest is with the bike on the side stand, to set up a couple saw horses, put a 2X4 across the horses and with a second 2X4 lift the bike up from the front,you would need a second person to help with this.:goodluck:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I put my bike on the rear stand and hang my chain hoist from the overhead rafters.
Wrap a strap around the bar mount and it is easy to make adjustments.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Just install speedy lowering kit and when I was lowering the front one side got away from me and it's too low, Can someone tell me an easy way to raise the one side? I'm working alone. Frank
Frank, all I can say is don't make a mistake at this point that will allow the bike to drop down hard and really make it worse.

I recommend a front triple tree stand. Worth the money and will pay for itself by not having to fix your fender and gosh knows what else.

Here is a post about how the front triple tree stand works. Once on this stand, you can take your time and have no issues. Also, you will have a front stand for future maintenance and wheel removal.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showpost.php?p=85847&postcount=161

:goodluck:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts