Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I always ride ATGATT. But in the summer whens it's hot I can't wait to get the sweaty hot S.O.B.'s off once I get where I'm going. Typically my problem is at work. I to have park about a block or so from my office door (of course there's nothing but blacktop between the two). Not a great distance but once your body is up to temperature and the sun is beating on your black riding gear it seems more like a mile or two.. What I'm looking for is a gear bag or back pack I can use to stow and carry to my gear so I can strip it off right at the bike. (Note: I wear over pants so I wouldn't walking around commando style..) Except for the carry on luggage style gear bags I'm not finding many back packs that mention that they fit a helmet inside or have a sling of some kind. Does anyone have a bag or pack that is working well for them for the same purpose?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
When I go for service and leave my bike longer than a day, I use an Ikea shooping bag, the big blue one, to carry all my gear in the public transit

It's cheap, lightweight, strong enough, easy to fold flat and tiddy while carrying it empty, and has big volume to put all my stuff including the helmet AND boots, and I'm a big guy, so lot's of space

The nice bag propose by El Tig would barely hold my glove and boot at 25 liters but way sexier than my utilitarian bag

My 2 cents

LOP

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
I was thinking about saddle bags. It would be a whole lot easier just to carry the helmet vs. all the gear.
I got hardcases (side and top) for this exact reason. When riding solo I can put my helmet in the topcase, jacket and pants in sidecases.

If I ride 2 up, I can put 1 jacket per sidecase, topcase for pants or other items, then lock the helmets on the helmet lock. No reason to carry anything anything. Its great, especially when hitting up a restaurant or park/recreational area.

However thats a bit of an investment.

·
Super Moderator
19,160 Posts
I have one of those plastic-covered cables (about 1/2" x 8' long) and a padlock. I thread the cable thru the arm of my jacket, chin-bar of my helmet, thru a leg of the pants, back thru as many (legs & arms) as possible, and then thru the passenger hand-rails, and lock the end-loops together. I also have a "PACKSAFE" which I've used to 'corral' my gear and a buddy's while we went fishing. Either is cheaper than hard-bags....

:exactly:

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts