Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm ordering a fende extenda, and was wondering if anybody has had success mounting it without the screws.

Any advice would be great!;)

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have installed several with industrial automotive double stick...cut to fit the fender imprint in the extenda. I have never had a problem.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I used the double sided tape that came on it, plus I used a hot glue gun and added a few good runs of hot glue to it as well. It's on there good, I don't know if I could get it off if I wanted to (without tearing something up that is.)

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
That's a good idea, did you use a standard glue stic, or something special?

how long has it been attached?
It was first held in place with the double sided tape on it too... They're just heavy duty glue sticks I got for a bit more than the regular sticks. I made both parts melt and weld together all across the top of Fenda Extenda for a seamless seal, and kept my fingers on the outer side of fender to feel the heat and avoid distorting fender. It's also melted into the two screw holes...
It's on there for life, but I don't recommend it if you're not used to welding with a glue gun.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I saw this solution on the site somewhere, so I can't take credit for it but it worked!

I used PVC pipe surface prep and purple glue - just like if you were putting your backyard sprinkler system in. I used the surface prep on the fenda extenda and the underside of the fender, then glued both sides and stuck it together. I left about a 1/4" space, so that the glue had somewhere to squeeze out to the edges. I also masked the painted areas with tape just to make sure no glue got on the paint.

No problems and it is rock solid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts