Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new Versys and I can't take off the stupid smile from my happy face...
Can anyone advice me if a rear wheel hugger is a must for wet day riding?
If it's a good idea to get one, which one would you recomend and where can I get it?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Yes, a hugger is a good idea as it keeps all the road crap out of the back of your engine and helps keep it off of you. I bought mine from Frog Specialities. www.frogspecialties.com. I got the black unpainted one as it looks fine on the bike.

Be advised that if you are going to put a lowering block on the bike you have to modify the hugger to fit.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I've been caught in the rain about a dozen times and I don't have a hugger. Although, to be honest, my Versys is not my baby. It's just a tool to me, just like my other motorcycle, wife's van and my pickup.

Now when I turn 50 and buy myself a Corvette, that will be a different story.

·
Registered
159 Posts
id say its a good idea, i have had mine since march, now with 3k, and still no hugger, ive tried to order the one i wanted twice, with "discontinued failure" and i temporarly gave up. if you are anal about dirt and grime, please do yourself a favor and get yourself a hugger, otherwise come to my house and you can sit there every afternoon and drink beer with me as we clean up the back of the motor!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.