Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
get a peace of ply wood and work on top of it, it will give you flat place for stands and makes it harder to loose bolts and nuts, also nice if you add carpet to it

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
get a peace of ply wood and work on top of it, it will give you flat place for stands and makes it harder to loose bolts and nuts, also nice if you add carpet to it
marine grade (treated) plywood and you can leave it outside year round. but even untreated will last a couple years out of the rain. spill enough used oil on it and it becomes water and insect proof :D

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
marine grade (treated) plywood and you can leave it outside year round. but even untreated will last a couple years out of the rain. spill enough used oil on it and it becomes water and insect proof :D
when not in use set up on end onto a couple 2x4s to keep it off ground and it will last forever :)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
when not in use set up on end onto a couple 2x4s to keep it off ground and it will last forever :)
non marine grade will start to delaminate from repeated rains. keep it out of the rain and off the ground and it will last a long time. a good "oil" based stain will also help protect it :grin2:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
you can also get a couple of the 20" patio pavers from the hardware store and level a small parking/work area

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yep... I use pavers...

I have a stack of them. I usually use them to build a ramp to get my wife's Charger up high enough to reach the oil pan, as my metal ramps are too steep to clear the frontend. I rearrange the stack when I need a platform to work on the V. It's a mild pain in the backside, but I had the pavers left over from another project.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts