Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am Lamar

I have an 11 versys that I bought new 1-22-2014 in Cleveland tn.
I have did a good many mods like luggage , windscreen ,highway pegs , 16 t sprocket ,lowered foot pegs , 12 v plug , big foot , hand guards and big foot.

I have put 2300 miles on including riding it to Daytona bike week on back roads, a nice trip. I like bike but not sure it is what I am looking for. I also have a bmw 1200 gs and a Klr .

I am probably going to put bike up for sale and ride the GS mostly this year then maybe a new GS.

Thanks for a great forum
Lamar

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Hi. I am Lamar

I have an 11 versys that I bought new 1-22-2014 in Cleveland tn.
I have did a good many mods like luggage , windscreen ,highway pegs , 16 t sprocket ,lowered foot pegs , 12 v plug , big foot , hand guards and big foot.

I have put 2300 miles on including riding it to Daytona bike week on back roads, a nice trip. I like bike but not sure it is what I am looking for. I also have a bmw 1200 gs and a Klr .

I am probably going to put bike up for sale and ride the GS mostly this year then maybe a new GS.

Thanks for a great forum
Lamar
Interesting......Welcome Lamar:usa:
IF I may ask what exactly were you expecting from this bike? Considering you have a 1200GS AND a KLR what niche were you looking to fit the V into?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Alaskajef

I like the Klr and gs but I like the idea of something kinda in between them. Something a little smaller and lighter than the gs but more freeway friendly than the Klr. I have did over 50000 miles on klr's. I like the Versys motor and it is a good bike but what has not been pleasing is the cornering . I think this is mostly due to stock tires and dirty roads this time of year but I have slid this bike a few times I did not expect. I don't totaly understand I have never had this problem on many other bikes including a Ducati elefant and a Ktm 990 adventure. Any thoughts, am I just nuts.

·
Super Moderator
19,442 Posts
...I like the Versys motor and it is a good bike but what has not been pleasing is the cornering . I think this is mostly due to stock tires and dirty roads this time of year but I have slid this bike a few times I did not expect. I don't totaly understand I have never had this problem on many other bikes including a Ducati elefant and a Ktm 990 adventure. Any thoughts, am I just nuts.
Probably changing out your tires to something better will help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts