·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Holly balls! Pull over as far as possible and hope for the best is right! :eek:

What about the pickup in the guys lane before the accident? WTF

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not mine but another Halifax rider who published this video on local rider forum.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151396876272507

From now on when I stop in traffic on a highway I am pulling onto the shoulder.

How the hell inattentive do you have to be to let this happen????? They should take away his license.
Hate to say it but people these days are so preoccupied that this scenario is quite common.

I would have started getting nervous with the whole bottleneck starting when the first truck coming at him was half over the center line. I don't know the circumstances but there isn't enough shoulder in that area for me to pull over intentionally. Unless my bike broke down or had a flat I wouldn't have stopped in that particular area.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Every time I stop or come to a slow I'm always checking my mirrors......glad the guys okay except for his shorts.

·
Premium Member
16,108 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Close call! Thats why I always stay in 1st gear, and always check my mirrors until at least one car behind me has stopped. I also leave some room in front of me so I can move out of the situation if I need to. Won't guarantee that nothing will ever happen to me, but chances of getting rear ended are greatly reduced.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts