Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
IF I saw it right - it looked like the rider was in a "head-on" situation, then rapidly turned left JUST before that SUV, avoiding the head-on collision, but hitting that dirt which launched him...!

:nono:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
IF I saw it right - it looked like the rider was in a "head-on" situation, then rapidly turned left JUST before that SUV, avoiding the head-on collision, but hitting that dirt which launched him...!

:nono:
So did he misjudge how much time he had to pass?
Did exceed what he & the bike were capable of?
Was he watching his buddies instead of looking ahead & not see the oncoming vehicle? Or was he just stupid?

·
Super Moderator
1,484 Posts
Target fixation!

It looks like he was taking that corner OK, then for some reason sat up and pulled left in front of the SUV.

there might might have been something on the road and he thought nup! better off road than under SUV.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Target fixation to me. Drifted over the opposite side on a bend. Not a good idea.
I'd say it was the opposite of target fixation. He was trying to pass a vehicle going around a bend and couldn't see the oncoming traffic until it nearly flattened him. He made a hell of an avoidance move to keep from becoming an ornament on the grill of the oncoming SUV, too bad for him the dirt embankment was only a slightly better option.

Last Nov, I had a big ass deer jump out in front of me that launched me like that. Unfortunately, I didn't have the luxury of landing on ground parallel with my trajectory and it wasn't in dirt padded with cow pies. Consequently, I'm still hobbling around.

Anyway, I'd chalk that one up to the stupidity that befalls humans when they act as a group. I'll bet there is no way in hell that person would have tried such a dumb blind pass if he wasn't trying to keep up with his buddies.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
ya looks like he was going to over take and didnt look first. that or he was trying out for a part in the dukes of hazard :D
and i wanna see the vid from his gopro lol

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I think the he is a she
no he is a he\\

Biker Goes Airborne

image: http://edge.liveleak.com/80281E/u/u/ll2/hd_video_icon.jpg

"This happen about 3 or 4 weeks ago I was recording my brothers ride and caught this crazy accident excuse my language but I just saw my bro flying through the air and was freaking out he is our own little Japanese superman now"
- Rudy Mendiola
[For licensing / usage, please contact [email protected]]

Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d92_1422724643#w5p6mT7iqcLzZV4r.99

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
...Anyway, I'd chalk that one up to the stupidity that befalls humans when they act as a group. I'll bet there is no way in hell that person would have tried such a dumb blind pass if he wasn't trying to keep up with his buddies.
Which is ONE of the reasons I refuse to ride in groups of more than three bikes.

:clap:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts