Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a 2015 Versys 650 ABS, and it came with this tall windshield installed. I've ridden the bike, and the windshield is too tall for me. I cannot comfortably see over it even in the lowest position-I'm about 5'8".
I am hoping someone with either a V-stream N20115 Sport or N20116 Sport Touring would be interested in a taller windshield. Without getting too involved, I'd suggest and even trade for the shields, and we each cover out own CONUS shipping.
Plan B would be some other shield that's not much taller than stock. I'm open to suggestions.
Plan C would be someone interested in this windshield, but doesn't have a windshield to trade, buy this one-I'd take $70, about half of a new one on eBay, and I'd split CONUS shipping 50/50 with the buyer.
I would rate this windshield 8-8.5, no cracks, scratches, or damage. Very few nicks or marks of any kind.
I have removed this windshield and installed the stock shield that came with the bike.
Plant Vehicle Sky Motor vehicle Hood
Plant Drinkware Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
471 Posts
@Charliedog
Wow that is tall
If you can't find a swap have you ever considered cutting it down yourself? There's a couple of ways to go about it. I used to work in a plastics fabrication shop. If you're not comfortable doing it may I suggest doing a search in your area for plastic sheet goods and see if they have a fab shop, most of them should, see if they'd do it for you.
Good luck on what ever you do

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd rather not cut it down. I recall doing that to a cycle shield years ago, with mixed results. In terms of finding a 'professional' in my area to cut it down, based on my experience with businesses in my area, it's been-at best-mixed results also. If no one offers anything to trade, I'll re-list it under For Sale. I can't believe there's nobody that needs/wants a tall shield.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts