Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did about 1500 miles on the V this last weekend, I ran the Natchez Trace spanning 3 states, Averaged about 51 MPG, carrying a total load of 294.8 pounds. Never even noticed the load on the bike, plenty of power and I was running with the big 1200cc and 1800cc. They could not believe how quick the V was...Have to Love It!!!!!:yeahsmile: But I have got to get me a better Tent...Any suggestion????

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Awesome, that's on my 4-day-weekend list. I can do the whole round trip from here in 4 days.

For a tent, I use a REI Half Dome 2 and it has worked quite well for me. All my camping gear fits in my E52 topcase with plenty of room to spare.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow, that looks like a lot of stuff for a weekend! My tent is a 3 man thing and packs down to 700mm X 80mm (not sure what that is in inches). Its an old Wild Country Escape and weighs 4.13kg. Its a bit of a hand-me-down so I'm not sure how old it is or what it cost but it works great.

I'm about to take my 08 to Phillip Island for the Moto GP this weekend. Sydney - Phillip Island = 1050km. Down on Saturday, watch the race on Sunday, ride back on Monday. Bringing all my camping gear except cooking stuff so just tent/bed roll/sleeping bag/pillow/chair.

I'll take some pics of the green machine all packed and ready to go next week!

Hope you had a good time!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts