Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get some narrower handlebars, but was wondering how narrow I could go before I run into clearance issues with the fairings.

I don't mind going up or down, so long as I don't run into the fairing or have to replace all my cables. Anyone have recommendations? I'd probably run clipons if I could, but I'd rather not get into tearing apart the fairings and swapping the tank and headlight and all that right now.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm looking to get some narrower handlebars, but was wondering how narrow I could go before I run into clearance issues with the fairings.

I don't mind going up or down, so long as I don't run into the fairing or have to replace all my cables. Anyone have recommendations? I'd probably run clipons if I could, but I'd rather not get into tearing apart the fairings and swapping the tank and headlight and all that right now.
Why don't you loosen the handlebar clamps and slide the bars an inch to the left and see how the right switch block fares? Then do the same the other way.
That will tell you what would happen if you chopped an inch off either side of your existing bars. Turn the bars back and down to see how lower bars would fare. In the end it is a bit of a guestimate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts