Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just considering some mods for the Versys - I like the headlight on this bike:

Anybody have any thoughts on what that headlight was pulled from? I can't believe it's a 1-off custom piece, but the closest I've seen is on a KTM 950 Supermoto (bottom)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sure looks like an MV Agusta Brutale headlight to me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Kinda hate to say it...

But I just realized it looks (to me) like the light from a Harley V-Rod.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys...I think both of those choices are very close...definitely have to consider them as well. Although they seem to be a bit more rounded compared to the original?

MV Brutale

V Rod

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just considering some mods for the Versys - I like the headlight on this bike:

Anybody have any thoughts on what that headlight was pulled from? I can't believe it's a 1-off custom piece, but the closest I've seen is on a KTM 950 Supermoto (bottom)

I thik It looks like the new Suzuki Bking light.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cha Ching! - I knew our...well, the good people of KVF's, collective intelligence could solve the problem. I don't know why, but that light looks like it was made to go there!

Thanks for the keen eye smkngns!

·
Registered
81 Posts
My only question is if you take the cowlings off and drop on the new head light, how are you going to cover the coolant reserve under the right side cowling? I have seen some pieces online that replace the cowling but they are all from Europe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A girl is driving one of those Shivers around my town, I want her! Er.. I mean, it!

Corey872, aside from that photo you posted, I have found nothing out about converting the front end of a Versys to naked, though I've searched high and low. Conversion kits do exist for other bikes, but they usually have a naked counterpart over in the EU, like the FZ6:

Yamaha FZ6's with factory front end fairing, and factory nekid!

I know there is no front end naked Versys, but I agree with the OP that there should be! Aside from that picture you reposted here, I have found out nothing at all about converting this thing. I am thinking of buying one, and this will effect my decision. Even a photo of the front end simply pulled off would be very useful, to get an idea of what it looks like, and how many lines/wires will need to be hidden/dealt with.

A VERSYS FORUM CALL OUT:
for a photo of a V with the front end taken off, no mods, just simply removed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Gawd I wish Yammie would bring the MT's over to the states. There would be a red V for sale here.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My only question is if you take the cowlings off and drop on the new head light, how are you going to cover the coolant reserve under the right side cowling? I have seen some pieces online that replace the cowling but they are all from Europe.
I dunno - I've thought of a couple of ways to hide it somewhere else - or maybe just replace it with a nice looking aluminum can and leave it close to where it's at.

drollum said:
Corey872, aside from that photo you posted, I have found nothing out about converting the front end of a Versys to naked, though I've searched high and low. Conversion kits do exist for other bikes, but they usually have a naked counterpart over in the EU, like the FZ6:
I figure I might just strip it to totally naked and only put back the bits I need. Make a few brackets here and there to support the light and speedo cluster. The big sticker is going to be the tank. The V tank is pretty gnarled up under that fairing - indentations for the mounting screws and brackets welded on.

That was one reason I got the V was it being more 'nekid' than the Ninja. I thought maybe the headlight would grow on me - but after seeing the first pic I posted, I just had to say "WOW" There are a few things I'd do differently but I love the overall theme.

A VERSYS FORUM CALL OUT:
for a photo of a V with the front end taken off, no mods, just simply removed.
http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/showthread.php?t=686

·
Registered
7 Posts
Baddone: I so agree, I heard a rumour they might bring the MT-03 to North America, but I don't think it will happen. There are a two different MTs, the MT-01 is available in Canada, but it is nothing like the very cool MT-03, in my opinion. (I saw a MT-01 outside a strip club here in Victoria BC last night, it did look cool, and it seemed to fit the setting...)

MT-01. Not nearly as secsy as the not-in-North-America MT-03 (below)

While we are at it, check out this Not-available-in-North-America Aprilia Pegaso 650. It's a bloody conspiracy.

ozyran: the bike in that video is also in another little video.

corey872: thanks for the photo of the stripped down Versys, I've seen that one before, but was really wondering what the bike looked like with only the front end removed to get a look at the tank and what would be needed to cover it up. Sounds like it's a mess under there...

I know if I bought a Versys I would always be thinking of ways of changing the headlight.

edit: credit for Angry Robot Versys!

Bear on a bicycle: Yeah that French shop looks like they sell two interesting mod kits, one called Windscreen (350 euro), and the other called Radiator Cap (350 euro). I can't tell if the Windscreen includes a headlight. Thanks a lot for the link Bear.

Any french speaking V lovers feel like giving these guys a call and finding out shipping details, and what the kits include? edit: I guess I can email them..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bear,
I have seen that kit and I am absolutely in love with it, but the conversion rate for the USD to the Euro isn't exactly on my side right now, that and factor in shipping it would cost a little over a $1,000 to get those parts to the states (so I assume, I haven't contacted the company yet). If someone does get a hold of them and find out what it would take to get those pieces to the US the info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Yea, I knew they were pricey, but the radiator guards look great! Not sure about the headlight, though. I'd love to do something with the front, but right now its not in the budget. Besides, I'll wait & see if someone gets creative on the forum & does their own so I can copy them (hint corey!)... :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.