Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Every one,

Well, basically, I dropped my V-650 yesterday, I was a stupid guy who tried to turn on his bike pushing it because the battery was dead...
So, the cowling on the left side got scratched :clap::clap::clap::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I was looking for the part on internet and I found one on a good price (163$US) but I'm not sure if is the right side as I'm not used to these descriptions.

COWLING,UPP,LH,P.RED

That would be Upper Left pearl red? but what is the H?

Thanks for your help in advance!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I had a low speed drop shortly after buying my Versys in August 2011. Scratched the exact same part. I never even notice the scratch anymore, and put the $$ towards a set of engine guards, instead :)

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Hi Every one,

Well, basically, I dropped my V-650 yesterday, I was a stupid guy who tried to turn on his bike pushing it because the battery was dead...
So, the cowling on the left side got scratched :clap::clap::clap::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I was looking for the part on internet and I found one on a good price (163$US) but I'm not sure if is the right side as I'm not used to these descriptions.

COWLING,UPP,LH,P.RED

That would be Upper Left pearl red? but what is the H?

Thanks for your help in advance!
What year is this?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Check out partsfish.com cheapest prices i found when looking for parts on mine after the get off.
You may want to check out Partzilla. Countershaft sprockets were about $9 more at the fish and clutch cable was about $5 more. I ASSume this price spread would be across the board. Shipping is $10 at Partzilla, free if over $149. Both orders so far have arrived in 2/3 days, one order was on a Sunday and came Tuesday. That one I kicked $2 more for shipping as I had an urgent need for a throttle cable for an upcoming trip.

No affiliation, blah blah, blah.

Hey, it's free to check 'em out.

Reactions: Kyle E

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
daniel - how BAD is your fairing scratched? (I have various parts for a '07 Gen 1, including both fairings, but color is black w/ some scratches.)

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
...Maybe you have this cover for both sides?
Yes I do, and here are two pics:

The left-side one is the better, but has several small scratches, while the right-side on has scratches AND a "gouge" which 'dents' it, but doesn't go thru. IF you're interested PM me.

I also have some other bits including a complete headlight assembly, the lower fairings, the black fairings that go along the edge of the seat - forward, and a blue '09 front fender (a Gen 1, also) w/ a small JBWeld repair.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts