Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
221 - 237 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
thanks JD, all the spot welds are still there, I have obviously gone slightly deeper on one side when i drilled to remove the bracket, as it is all the F/glass work is back on... Gah.

I Know ill keep tinkering with this bike for a long time to come, so if/when the leak returns I'll get it soldered or brazed, and then get it painted in 2 pack for a nicer finish.

thank you for the heads up... I should have looked up your post on this.. I remember you had a similar issue earlier.. my bad. :(

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
Yes, I still have my Naked Versys, She just ticked over 48000km a couple of weeks ago, and still purring like a kitten.

Interestingly, I've only just changed my first set of Front brake pads. I'm kinda spoiled having no traffic lights on my daily commute.

·
Registered
12 Posts
sambamboo, I just got a 09 versys that is converted to naked. I wanted to fit it with the windshield of some kind. Right now when I get to 55mph or so I start feeling significant air pressure around the chest and above. I'm about 5'10". How effective is your small windshield on a freeway at 65mph? Did it improve much vs no windshield? Do you ever feel a need for a bigger windshield? Thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 · (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
20,812 Posts
I've seen replacement overflows made out of various aluminum bottles (ever thought of trying one of those 'beer-cans' shaped like a bottle?).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Any way these pics might be able to be loaded back? Thinking about doing one of these builds, trying do some research without starting new threads.
I think back when a lot of these were posted we were hosting them on photobucket.

I found one in my archive. This is a project that has been on basically a 10 year hiatus. Probably going to finish it in the next year.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

221 - 237 of 237 Posts