3,159 Posts
i have an 08 (the younger one :) )
welcome :) :)

Reactions: onewizard

·
Super Moderator
19,138 Posts
Welcome!

I TOO have the 'redder' one; HAD the 'greener' '09 one which died; and NOW also have ANOTHER 'greener' one - '15 - which still lives!

:laugh2:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Mine is the "unsmooth" 2012 version in the much better looking black on black!!!0:)

That's what you say, lol. Your professional photo looks great: how much did that cost? Why didn't you show one from your photo album :D
They do not show the black on black looking so hot.

As far as the bikes looks go, my garage and Walmart parking lot shots don't need no doctored professional photos. You should have put that money in safety equipment options. ymmv. I've got more value in my control package than your bag racks, bags, hand shields, and..uh.. I don't know yet how much you paid for your professional photo though.

Mine is the "unsmooth" 2012 version in the much better looking black on black!!!0:)

I don't think so :grin2:

·
Premium Member
9,107 Posts

I have a 07 that looks identical to this photo, except I have also the Givi 45 top case and 35 side cases. Also my bike has character, silicone holding the plastic to the tank and a scratch on the tank from my chap buckle, painted over with almost the same black. I can still do 0 to 100 KM in second gear,the character doesn't seem to affect it--------- I bought it to ride, not to display.

As in another thread I am cautiously looking at a 2015LT
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
That's what you say, lol. Your professional photo looks great: how much did that cost? Why didn't you show one from your photo album :D
They do not show the black on black looking so hot.
and..uh.. I don't know yet how much you paid for your professional photo though.
Professional? I earned my living from photography for my entire working career and, no disrespect to the OP, but that is not a professional image. Busy background, intersecting lines, sign in background, and wtf is that, an armadillo? Looks like maybe hdr or some other filter- the same crap every phone has today.
Nice bike 'tho.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
9,107 Posts
Just looking at some of your pictures, this one stood out. It would appear your clutch cable is riding on the hand guard mounting bracket, this could be a wear point:cheers:.

Also your clutch cable adjuster is out a considerable amount, I am not sure if you know this but a second adjuster exists on the right side near the gas tank, this gives almost double the adjustment of the handle adjuster.
:goodluck:

·
Premium Member
9,107 Posts
Clutch Cable

I comment on this due to the fact that the cable needs to be allowed to travel in this area. This has been discussed in earlier threads. I had the same problem, what I did is added a longer bolt to the guard and 3 silicon bronze washers to space it out, this allowed me to change the angle of the mount. If you are interested, I can take a picture, as my description wouldn't help me in understanding the mod.

·
Super Moderator
19,138 Posts

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
Professional? I earned my living from photography for my entire working career and, no disrespect to the OP, but that is not a professional image. Busy background, intersecting lines, sign in background, and wtf is that, an armadillo? Looks like maybe hdr or some other filter- the same crap every phone has today.
Nice bike 'tho.:grin2:
I didn't say it was a pro photograph, even though many people have congratulated me on what a good image it is..........I guess Kawaslob is easy to fool though, so maybe you should give him some pointers on how to take decent photos of his bling machine!?!?!?!>:)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I didn't say it was a pro photograph, even though many people have congratulated me on what a good image it is..........I guess Kawaslob is easy to fool though, so maybe you should give him some pointers on how to take decent photos of his bling machine!?!?!?!>:)
My comment was directed at kdog, not you. I did say "no disrespect to the OP". :smile2:

Obviously he would not take any pointers, or advice from anybody here.

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
O - I have an '09 Versys...... the lighter one0:)
My comment was directed at kdog, not you. I did say "no disrespect to the OP". :smile2:

Obviously he would not take any pointers, or advice from anybody here.
I think we've all got crossed wires here Smiley, the OP is icarve & Kdog runs with his own pack of ferrets!!!!:wink2:

& just for any n00bs....black is the best colour/color, the fastest, & the best looking as well as the fact that they have the most modest owners!!>:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts