Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sat on a Versys for the first time less than 48 hours, and while it was not love at first sight, it WAS love at first ride.

I've been riding for about five months total. First bike was a 78 Honda endure. Second bike was a 2006 Katana. Two weeks ago, I blew out a curve on the Kat and smashed her into a ditch. With a big fat insurance check, I got a gorgeous Honda 599 last week. However, I had a really hard time finding a place to put my lanky legs, and never got comfortable on it.

So on Friday, I called my buddy at the Kawi shop and asked if he would trade me straight up for the Versys that has been sitting on their floor for a few months. He agreed. Yesterday I put about 100 miles on it in a long test drive, and I'm sold!

The Versys is the most comfortable bike I've ever sat on, and plenty aggressive to hang with my sport bike friends. Here's a pic of the bike.

I'm trying to figure out what to do for graphics. I'm thinking of something military/combat theme. Maybe a pinup girl on the tank, or skulls? Any suggestions would be welcome.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I sat on a Versys for the first time less than 48 hours, and while it was not love at first sight, it WAS love at first ride.

I've been riding for about five months total. First bike was a 78 Honda endure. Second bike was a 2006 Katana. Two weeks ago, I blew out a curve on the Kat and smashed her into a ditch. With a big fat insurance check, I got a gorgeous Honda 599 last week. However, I had a really hard time finding a place to put my lanky legs, and never got comfortable on it.

So on Friday, I called my buddy at the Kawi shop and asked if he would trade me straight up for the Versys that has been sitting on their floor for a few months. He agreed. Yesterday I put about 100 miles on it in a long test drive, and I'm sold!

The Versys is the most comfortable bike I've ever sat on, and plenty aggressive to hang with my sport bike friends. Here's a pic of the bike.

I'm trying to figure out what to do for graphics. I'm thinking of something military/combat theme. Maybe a pinup girl on the tank, or skulls? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Maybe something along the line of World War II aircraft nose art? There were some pretty spectacular pinup girls whose images ended up on the noses of USAAF bombers.

I'm generally not a fan of dark colors on motorcycles but your Versys looks great. I might have to re-think my position. :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
swingarm looks different?

i like it all black, the way it is.. theres plenty of extras on it, looks like a good deal. what are those tires?

·
Registered
129 Posts

Welcome & congrats!

Pretty new here too. Ditto on the "fit" of this bike.

Can't go wrong with the "Warhawk" theme. (not seen it yet on a Versys) :cheers:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome and congrats! ....and it doesn't need anything added IMHO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts