Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this Russell Day Long off Cam, and I have to say, I couldn't be happier! I have just returned from a 5 hour ride, 4 consecutively in the saddle, over some really nasty terrain, and the only thoughts about my arse were, "gee... which position is more comfortable". No soreness whatsoever! This seat is TOTALLY comfortable. I feel like I could do an Iron Butt in total comfort.

You can ride it MX style, which is pretty much how I rode the V with the stock seat all the time, and it's dang comfy on the Russell. Or, sit further back and relax a little more. On the highway home today, I sat back, tucked my heels into the HB bars, and darn near fell asleep! (Kidding):D

The saddle doesn't look it from the pictures, but it is easy to move around, and even get your knee down if you like. It is slightly taller than stock, so flat footing at a light requires a long inseam. I'm a 32, and can flat foot with both feet, but just. I suspect if Can had left it stock height (he asked Russell to raise it an inch, it would be as easy as stock to flat foot.

I am very pleased with this purchase, and darn glad I managed to get the first e-mail in! Thanks Cam!

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where did you get it from?
A member here who sold his Versys. He got it made by Russell saddles. You have to send your seat in, as they do not carry pans.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Excuse me while I hijack this thread for a second. Red, how do you like those brake lines? Notice any difference?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excuse me while I hijack this thread for a second. Red, how do you like those brake lines? Notice any difference?
Bike came with them Bob, so I couldn't really tell ya. The brakes are firm, and I only ever us 2 fingers. I would like some better pads. Maybe in the fall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts