Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my Versys and my wife's EX500 to get some tires changed and serviced, and that day there was a huge rainfall. I tried to get a hold of the dealership for two days with no answer, so today I went down there. It definitely looked like every bike on there showroom had water sitting above most sportbike and cruiser seats. Our bikes were out back which is actually lower, so I am pretty sure both bikes are a total loss:(. So I won't know what the dealer's insurance will pay until next week. The worst part is, I just bought my wife her bike a week and a half earlier, and her first chance to ride it was to the dealer to get new tires. Now I need to start shopping for a new one for me! Not really that happy about it, but that's life I guess. Here's what the store looked like while it was under water.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,216 Posts
Wow. Just when you think you've seen it all. Sorry to hear about it but hopefully the dealer will get you squared away.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Damn!!! That's almost Biblical. Is that the Motion Cycle Sport in Dallas?

Best of luck with the dealer's insurance company, and yours as well. :goodluck:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn!!! That's almost Biblical. Is that the Motion Cycle Sport in Dallas?

Best of luck with the dealer's insurance company, and yours as well. :goodluck:
No, it's in Deridder, LA. I hope they let me get all the hard part accessories off of it, so I can have a yard sale for you guys! And I need my Garmin mount off of it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not that I want to give up on the Versys, but I have had it for 4 years, and some of the things I was looking to add, or deficiencies, the new Vstrom has answer's for (centerstand, gear indicator, fuel efficiency meter, etc.), plus it's just as ugly, so I won't feel that I strayed too far!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It definitely will, It's the MRA touring one, I still have all the original parts, so if the insurance guys want to hassle me about it, I will give them the box, I also have Pazzo levers, SWM rear rack, and the Kawasaki brand hand guards. Oh yeah, and the black panels if guys want to switch out their silver ones!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Not that I want to give up on the Versys, but I have had it for 4 years, and some of the things I was looking to add, or deficiencies, the new Vstrom has answer's for (centerstand, gear indicator, fuel efficiency meter, etc.), plus it's just as ugly, so I won't feel that I strayed too far!
I was surprised to see there seems to be a center stand for the Versys. Someone was selling one in the classifieds. You can buy a gear indicator too.

New wee strom isn't ugly.

Wonder what the fuel economy really is. I love the range of the Versys. I go over 200 miles on just about every tank, and on a good tank I expect it could do 240-250miles. New strom supposedly is more efficient than old, but tank is smaller than old strom and Versys too.

Versys seems smaller and more nimble. Old strom felt like a beast sitting on it. New one feels smaller. But I haven't ridden either.

Curious to know the condition of your Versys.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was surprised to see there seems to be a center stand for the Versys. Someone was selling one in the classifieds. You can buy a gear indicator too.

New wee strom isn't ugly.

Wonder what the fuel economy really is. I love the range of the Versys. I go over 200 miles on just about every tank, and on a good tank I expect it could do 240-250miles. New strom supposedly is more efficient than old, but tank is smaller than old strom and Versys too.

Versys seems smaller and more nimble. Old strom felt like a beast sitting on it. New one feels smaller. But I haven't ridden either.

Curious to know the condition of your Versys.
Yeah, I was going to go the route of buying a gear indicator, then decided I really didn't "need" one, but having one OEM integrated is pretty nice. As for the center stand, no offense to the guy making them, but I trust SWM's R and D a lot more than his, and it just didn't look like it belonged on the V. I think the media's fuel economy was around 50 mpg, and we all know the media flogs those test bikes! I read some woman got 60 out of her test bike, so I guess a 55 mpg average isn't bad so a range of about 250-280 would be about right. Oh and the Strom lost 18 pounds this year and I think is around 2 inches shorter (don't quote me on that).

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Dang man, sorry to read this. I wonder if this will put them out of business in these hard times. If not, I would hope they relocate to higher ground. Hard not to think if you only had not needed tires when you did!

:goodluck:

·
Registered
670 Posts
tough break, sorry to hear it mate. hope you both are back to riding soon.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts