Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

My VerSys has a first name, its...

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  stlee29 
#1 ·
Has anyone else out there named their bike? Today I decided on "Holly" for my V. Here's the logic: about 20 minutes from the house is a ski hill called "Mt. Holly." Now, year round, I can just tell the little wife that "I'm going to mount holly" and she'll know in the winter I'm going skiing, and in the summer I'm going riding. I though it was very efficient. She's a bit ambivalent to the humor. :grinangel:

- S

#3 ·
Having only ridden 2-stroke 50cc bikes in the 70s and a scooter more recently, the Versys was a significant step up in power, bursting unpredictably (speaking relatively) at the slightest throttle movement, and leaving a somewhat evil, albeit exhilarating, impression on me. Then one day, off a traffic light, dropping the clutch a little quickly into second, the front wheel came up and she was duly Christened "Witch". Of course the fact that she is black made it all the more apt.

#8 ·
It all started when my dad crashed my bike and the left cowling was in bad shape. Repaired it and sprayed it silver to match the swingarm.

Put a new "Kawasaki" sticker on. Kawi scored with the V.
Mine started with "BLITZ". Followed with the R in front as it looked right.
No meaning but something different which I liked.

:goodluck:

#9 ·
Not trying to show off but a fellow member PM to show the side the left side
( damaged cowling side)
The small black sticker is to cover the scratch I had when it fell when did not put my stand proper. Since fixing motowerk's flatfoot, it has sure footing.
Had also sprayed half the engine cover black to cover other scratches.

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.