Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess if I'm going to get to put my two cents worth on some of the many intresting topics you have, I'll need to indroduce myself.

Just recently I was able to catch my wife at a weak moment and puchased a 2011 left over Versys. I love it! It's much differant than my '02 Honda 750 Ace, but suits my riding style much better.

Break in is done, 1st service has been performed, and now looking forward to my first touring trip. Leaving Saturday for a mountain trip through NC, VA and WV for 5 days.

I enjoy getting on and taking a quick ride locally (eastern NC), but I love the mountains and my reason for a bike for like the Verseys.

I'll get some pics and give my evaluation of the bike as the trip goes on. Don't panic if there are Harleys in some of the pics. The other 4 guys I'm riding with are riding those.

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
:welcome: I sold my shawdow 750 :thumbdown: right away to get the V. :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It took me about 6 years to get off the Shadow. Was a great 1st bike, but the Versys, WOW! what an improvement

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Welcome and the versys will handle very different from your cruiser, you will find the versys very flickable and fluid.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Congrats & welcome!

And thank the gods for those weak moments. I do. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A update on our trip so far. First of all we have made a change in our plans. VA and WV have been hit by so terrible storms this past week. Power out in many areas. Stayed in Keysville, VA last night but have now gone down to Boone NC
As far as the bike, it's been running great. There has been a lot interstate driving, which has never been my favorite, but it has been much easier on the Versys. Plenty of power, the windshield thou small seems to help. The seat would be my biggest complaint, I begin to get uncomfortable after a 100 miles or so. Also a alternate place for my feet would be nice.
Looking forward to trying the twistys tomorrow. Will let you know how it performs.

·
Registered
202 Posts
:welcome: and congratulations on your new V. Too bad you didn't get to ride your original planned route, but as you said your weather back there has been pretty bad lately. As you note, the V will do well on the highway and yes many of us have found the seat will get to you after 100 miles or so. Many of us here are now using Baldwin seats with great results, although others have had success with other brands. Do a quick search on seat mods on the forum, there are several. Speedy Gonzalez at motowerk.com has highway peg mounts but I believe they do require a set of engine guards to mount them to. Keep enjoying your V.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts