Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
plan on adding an 07 Buell Xb Stt and an 2010 Aprilia Shiver..................

I guess I'm a "Collector" now.......................

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've had multiple bikes at a time for years now. It's great fun, but it's expensive. I'm going the other way now: less bikes, less expensive bikes, and less money in the garage. I've had my performance and excessive fun. I wouldn't trade it for anything, however. Enjoy. Ride as many as you can.

·
Registered
699 Posts
A Ducati Multistrada complete with all the gadgets and Carbon fiber would be a nice addition to my V.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speedmaster versys Fatbob? Apples and Oranges.............

Speedy is 500# Fatbob is 675#

The Speedy's engine is butter smooth compared to the V, but it redlines at 7k
The Fatbob has a little higher quality fit and finish, but it should, it costs twice as much, If I had to keep just one, it would be the Harley, but the Triumph handles better ;)

·
Registered
409 Posts
You are aware that some manufacturers offer motorcycles with more than two cylinders, right? :D

Oh never mind. I forgot that you "collectors" have to adhere to a well defined theme when building your collection.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have only spent 35K so far, heck most people have a car or two that cost that much!

Yeah, its funny I seem to gravitate towards 2 cylinders, I do love the new Ninja 1000 and i used to have a DRZ400s, a single cylinder Dual Sport

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've got a few too many myself... 08' Versys,2000 W650 kawasaki, 78 cb750 SS, 78 XS650 yamaha, 72 cb350, 77 cb750 honda chopper, currently doing a ground up resto-mod cafe style on a 81 GS650 suzuki, a mini bike 5hp briggs and stratton, and a 50cc pit bike....guess that it..:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
203 Posts
My signature tells part of my story (current bikes).

Over the years, I've owned 17 different bikes. When I think of all the money I've put into the bikes (bike, maintenance, mods, etc., etc.) I sometimes think I must be insane. Then I realize that actually, the bikes have kept me sane. Like the saying goes, bikes are mental therapy.

I've also had a few boats, PWCs, ATVs, sports cars (currently have an '06 Miata I've lowered for handling and I'm thinking about adding a supercharger or turbo). And my current "toy" that is taking money out of my bank account is my weekend property where I'm just about finished putting up a camp house and doing work on a pond (oh yea, forgot about the other toy, my Kubota B7300).

Now, don't get me wrong; I'm not trying to brag or anything. I consider myself EXTREMELY lucky that my business has brought me what it has. When I was growing up my parents did what they could but we never had a lot. When I was in my early 20s I never dreamed I'd have what I do now. I just wish my dad was still alive to enjoy my weekend place in the woods; he really loved getting out to quite places like that.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
... Over the years, I've owned 17 different bikes. ...
I've also had a few boats, PWCs, ATVs, sports cars...
And my current "toy" ... is my weekend property ...

Now, don't get me wrong; I'm not trying to brag or anything. I consider myself EXTREMELY lucky that my business has brought me what it has. When I was growing up my parents did what they could but we never had a lot. When I was in my early 20s I never dreamed I'd have what I do now. ...
Good for you! I love hearing stories like that... It’s inspirational! :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts