Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

My Seahorse install.... Not too shaby!!

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  genehil 
#1 · (Edited)
Givi Rack with Adapter - $194 (shipped)
Two Seahorse SE-720 w/ plastic locks and shipping - $120
Happy Trail Mounting Puck Kit w/ shipping - $63
Grand total = $377 for a very upgradable luggage solution

I plan to go with Givi Trekkers eventually so that is why I went with the Givi racks as my base. I did not find the turn signal relocation to be difficult at all, but that is only because I was forewarned on this site. Otherwise the Givi instructions are useless!!

As for the Seahorse, they are good value for the money. The plastic is definitely less dense the Pelican (as well as less scratch resistant). Also the plastic keys are pretty much a joke... they are functional, but feel like they could snap easily. The metal keys are not stainless, so they recommend against using them.

I am very happy with the end result. I did mount them slightly more foreward then most, but my tiny G/F still fits on the pillion with no problem.

Enjoy some pics:

-Pat W

See less See more
#4 ·
If you hadn't told us they weren't Pelican I would never have known.

They look great.

#5 ·
Thanks all. I though I'd just add my pictures to the collective. It's always nice to see examples of something when looking to make a purchase.

As for the handgaurds, they are the Polisport SM line. I find they suit the industrial lines of the bike, and there is no rubbing with the windscreen when handlebars are fully turned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.