Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I had Versys had it 4 a month and sold it as I got an exception deal on a Concours.

Concours is a ver good bike, but now I miss the Versys.

Versys was light, and tall. Felt like an SUV.

Whats the 2011 going 2 be like. ??

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
I have said it before, but this is just another testiment to value of the tall rounder Versys. So many have strayed, but come back to the Versys! Thanks for being so honest!:thumb:

I have no information on any 2011 change, sorry. With the economy, we'll just hope they don't stop producing it.
+10 on honesty.
:cheers:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think a lot of people have sold a Versys and then realized after it was gone, just how much they like it.

It's a unique bike, that's for sure.

So you not liking the Connie or just wishing you had two bikes in stable?

David

·
Registered
718 Posts
I rode the 2009 Connie and my shins got so hot, I thought the radiator hose was kinked. It was normal for that motor. The redesign for 2010 was supposed to have addressed that issue.
I seriously considered coming off my 2006 FJR1300 after 80k miles to the Connie.
Right now though, I am glad I saved some $$$ and went with this V. I really think it has the character of an old BMW. Just my opinion (plus I keep seeing BMW stickers with KLE on them on the Versys, so I guess I am not the only one?)
BTW - where do they get those stickers?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Versys is more fun.

Bought my 1st bike in 1965 (Honda CB 160) and with over 20 bikes since I can say without reserve the Versys is the most fun I've ever had riding and I love riding. Sold my 1200 GS in April (great bike) and got my V 3 days later. Even with stock tires I feel more confident in the dirt than I did with my BMW. On the twisties it is pure joy. $5723 out the door, unreal. I'm not selling mine!:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
754 Posts
I made that mistake when I sold my 1999 ZRX 1100. I swore if I ever found another bike that connected with my soul as a biker I wouldn't make the same mistake twice. Several bikes later the Versys comes along and rocks my world with fun like I have not had on a bike ever! I will not be parting with mine, only adding to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think a lot of people have sold a Versys and then realized after it was gone, just how much they like it.

It's a unique bike, that's for sure.

So you not liking the Connie or just wishing you had two bikes in stable?

David
Connie is a good bike too. Versys was tall, I mean I could peep at the laides skirts on the road, :). Light and nimble. I am looking to sell the connie though, will get back on the versys. Versys being light handle very good, I could take steep turn and twist. Connie is like a fat grandmother.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I traded in my DR650 for my Versys back in April and really like it but last week I bought a '10 Yamaha WR250R dual sport to keep it company. I am finally in a position where I can afford 2 bikes and the bonus is that my insurance went DOWN from $550/year for just the Versys to only $529/year for BOTH the Versys and the WRR. Go figure, eh? When I found out they were making fuel injected dual sports, I just had to have one. I'm still breaking it in but this little 250 can run circles around my past DS bikes and it makes the Versys feel like a Cadillac! :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Connie is like a fat grandmother.
Hmm - Fat grandmother? I have been looking hard at the 2010's, love the blue. And am going to pull the trigger next year sometime. But i plan on doing everything i can to keep the V. I have heard to many people sell it, and then come back.
So - what was wrong with the Connie?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Connie is an awesome bike. Just heavy. the 2010 is has lot of improvements and safety features. I wish the versys had antilock brakes like they do elsewhere.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Ok, I had Versys had it 4 a month and sold it as I got an exception deal on a Concours.

Concours is a ver good bike, but now I miss the Versys.

Versys was light, and tall. Felt like an SUV.

Whats the 2011 going 2 be like. ??
:eek: a Versys like an SUV....

the Versys is at home is on the twisties, and although I know the brakes are a bit wooden on the Versys, but they they do work.

·
Registered
250 Posts
:eek: a Versys like an SUV....

the Versys is at home is on the twisties, and although I know the brakes are a bit wooden on the Versys, but they they do work.
I think he meant that the VISIBILITY is like an SUV. You are much higher and visibility is probably better than the connie.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts